Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 05-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about
Default A Miracle for my Fibromyalgia

I have had fibromyalgia for at least 20 years and, not much of anything has helped. Even my chiropractor says that what he does is helping keep me from getting much worse, it hasnít helped me get much better either! Recently I turned 70 and have been having a lot of Parkinsonís-type symptoms (although a neurologist at Kaiser says itís NOT Parkinsonís and says ďoh, it could be a lot of thingsĒ when I ask him to try to find out what it IS); this is a typical Kaiser response to many questions. I have been trying to find a way to raise my dopamine levels naturally. Then I found some articles online (including Dr. Mercola) mentioning that some people now think low dopamine may be at least partially causing fibromyalgia; itís not psychosomatic as Kaiser insists. So, I found LifeExtension ďDopa-MindĒ and I swear itís been a miracle for me! It took about three weeks before I saw any improvement and Iíve now been taking it for about five weeks. Although I donít feel like Iím 18 again (or even 40 for that matter), I have experienced zero negative side effects and my pain and stiffness has improved immensely, I can get up in the morning without spending five minutes just trying to get straightened out, let alone being able to move forward, I can sit at my computer or in my recliner for half an hour and get out of the chairs almost normally, something itís been many years since Iíve been able to do. Life Extension says it ďsupports mental acuity and longevityĒ although itís been almost entirely reduction of pain and stiffness in my case and, since dopamine levels decline with age, I would think it would help many older folks in many ways. It contains ďNeuravena wild green oat extract (providing isovitexin).Ē The best price I had found was on Amazon at $25.82 for 60, Vitacost at $34.20, and Life Extension itself at $44. Today I checked out Life Extension and they have it on sale for $22, so perhaps a good time to try it.

http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamin...2006/dopa-mind
Old 05-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Interesting, I'll look at it. I was told I have this Fibro and that was in 1999 but I was trying to get my thyroid FIXED...for 10 yrs..long story.

I deal with OA and so lots of body stiffness so I'll check it. I gather you've already taken the Dopa Mind product. OK, I just ordered a bottle from ebay for $26 and hopefully it does not elevate blood pressure. BTW: I'll be 80 and look younger but body screams. Would be great to feel 70 or so again. jam

PS: I just saw the LE $22 price but I'm sure there is shipping costs, so the $26 price is OK, no shipping charge. Hope it helps, we'll see.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about
Default Dopa Mind

Yes, as I say in my first post, I've taken it for about five weeks now with zero negative side effects and lots of improvement.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.