Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Health Insurance

Old 04-23-2018, 07:02 AM
Reader

uniden is on a distinguished road

Indeed, it is.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM
Reader

I can already see what's going to happen. The doctor is going to just prescribe more medication to make it so that I do not have anxiety about swallowing (hence dysphagia). And then I am going to be in the same boat I was in from 2010 to 2014. I started seeing my current psychiatrist in November of 2015. He's just going to prescribe an anti-anxiety medication (maybe a benzo), and I'm just going to get more and more unhealthy.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Reader

Well, I guess as long as I am living with my parents, that's the way it's going to have to be.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
I'm on medication. There is only one reason why I do not go on a raw food diet whilst on medication: because they are both contraindicated to each other. And if they are both contraindicated to each other, I can choose only one of them. Since the medication is being forced upon me, I "choose" the medication.
Forced??? You choose to take what MD's prescribe.

Personally, regardless I have no interest in raw food diet.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:15 AM
Reader

I've been diagnosed with Schizophrenia for 10+ years. I live with my parents because of it.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:40 AM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

10 plus years?? and the medical system did not help time to change your way of thinking and get a different doctor. If I paid someone that long it would be time to look into other forms of treatment because that one doesn't work
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Reader

Well, the only doctor I have been paying is the one I've been seeing since November of 2015. I cannot go to an alternative medical practitioner because it's not covered by insurance. The medication helps me manage my illness and keep it under control; but it does not cure it. I have a chemical imbalance. At least I think I do. I was seeing an alternative medical practitioner back in 2010; but I have not gone to him since then. Back then I was getting neurotransmitter testing done via NeuroScience Inc. We were seeing results with the treatment plan he offered to us. My dopamine levels had gone down (before it was off the charts). Also, my serotonin levels were much higher (too high, actually). But he had said that if we continued, the serotonin would fall back down into the normal range. My biggest problem was that I was not cooperative even with him. I kept insisting that I can get all the nutrients that I need from food alone. I also insisted that I know more than him about what my body needs. He then told me about Confucius ("A doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient."). I would not listen, though. I kept insisting that I need to fast. The treatments that he offers are nutraceuticals, herbal formulations, and acupuncture. He is the best practitioner I have gone to in my whole life. I want to start seeing him again, but I'm afraid I do not have enough money to pay for his treatment. He's not a naturopathic physician. He is a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. I think he was also an endocrinologist. I think the reason why I stopped seeing him was because I kept insisting I knew what was best for myself. I just wanted to fast at the time.

I think another big problem is that my Dad doesn't really believe in alternative medicine. His way of thinking is that conventional medicine is the way to go. He thinks eating a raw food diet is crazy. I cannot believe how closed-minded he is.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

Do you see the words you are using manage, control, treat. There is one word missing cure. do your own home work look up mineral deficiencies symptoms. be your own doctor for a change they are not helping you.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Reader

I'm just going to have to manage and control the illness, rather than cure it. Then I will get a job and start earning income. Then I will spend that money on alternative medicine to cure myself. Then I will not need medication anymore.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:22 AM
Reader

I want to be my own physician. I cannot because I live with my parents. And the medication that I am currently taking gives me dysphagia. I am in a real mess right now.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Enlightener

Can you use a computer if so start there.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Reader

I'll just go to a local natural medicine clinic once my symptoms are totally under control. Then I will work on getting off medication.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Reader

I did a quick google search, and came across this article:

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/0...duce-symptoms/
Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
Reader

There are environmental causes of disease, as well. Examples are pollution, contamination, toxins, inorganic matter...

And then there are also nutritional deficiencies, malnutrition, etc. These are the things that we have more control over.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:52 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniden View Post
These are the things that we have more control over.
Good attitude. Take control of your own health as much as you can. I use doctors whenever there is a structural problem that I just can't handle myself, or supplementation is too slow for the condition. Like sometimes my back or pelvis freezes up and MSM is too slow. Chiropractor can fix quickly. Doctor would want to give muscle relaxer. Doctors are trained to give pharmaceuticals, or they are lobbied to do so by drug manufacturers. I have a friend who made a very, very good living by visiting doctors and "educating" them on the use of his company's drugs.

It is obvious that doctors are required for fast moving diseases, like aggressive cancers or broken bones. Also, I have a best buddy, who is a retired psychologist. I don't understand how psychology really works, but it must really help people. He worked with children and claims that they are so impressionable that he was able to help most of them. But for adults? I must be a hard case.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.