Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Explorer

bipolarmom is on a distinguished road
Default Whey Protein instead of Supplements?

I used to drink a protein shake each day, which actually helped with binge eating disorder and seemed to calm me. Looking back at the product I used, I can see the high amounts of aminos in the shake probably helped. I am wondering if it would make sense to replace my amino supplements with a protein shake each morning and/or night with my GABA and Taurine powder mixed in. Has anyone tried this? Would it be the same as taking pills?

This is the shake I used to use. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/whey.html
Old 02-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Enlightener

jbo is on a distinguished road

Sucralose and artificial sweetners I'm not sure how healthy it would be to consume daily. Are you using this as a meal replacement or actually in between meals?

Are you taking Taurine for energy or GABA and Taurine for stress/anxieity?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Explorer

bipolarmom is on a distinguished road

It would just be once a day half an hour before breakfast.

I'm taking Taurine, GABA, and Tyrosine each morning to help with my bipolar symptoms and balance me out. It's working pretty good, I was just considering an amino complex anyway so that I am getting a good balance of amino acids every day for mood support. I figured a shake would be easier to swallow.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.