Quote:
Originally Posted by liverock View Post
Which of these symptoms in your original post do you still suffer from:

Anxiety
Racing thoughts
OCD
Stomach problems
insomnia

What supplements are you taking at the moment besides those mentioned in this report.
All mentioned symptoms, including fatigue, stomach and neck tightness, depression, "cloudy" thoughts, face/forehead tension, & moodiness. The OCD I feel stems from the racing thoughts and my mind always going, in that my mind finds things to be busy with that are considered OCD. I'm not too concerned about the OCD tendencies as they don't cause any harm in my daily life and I feel it will get better/go away if the other symptoms calm down.

Current supplements:
Vit-C 1g x 2/day
5-HTP with B6 1 at night
DHEA drops 2 drops x 3/day

Vit-D drops 2 drops x 1/day
Pregnenolone drops 10 drops x 3/day
Mitocore x 2/day
Coritive x 2/day
Omega 3 800mg EPA x 2/day
GABA 1 at night
Glycine 2 caps at night
N-acetyl Tyrosine 2 caps x 3/day
Probiotic (occasional)
Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

As previously mentioned, it would be better if you had had a genetic methylation test done. All your symptoms point to this being one of the main problems, as you still have basically the same symptoms all your life.

1) The first set of lab results shows an RBC Folate level of 250% over the maximum level . Have you been been taking Folic acid supplements or a B Complex?

2) The Genova test shows your neurotransmitters are low. Is the Tyrosine supplement improving them? If your not methylating properly you will struggle to get them working effectively.

3) If your high folate is not due to supplementation then it could be due to a buildup of bacteria in the small intestine called SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).

4) Most of the anxiety and other brain problems are probably due to COMT and MAO genetic mutations.

Dr Rosenberg has quite a few videos on genetic mutations as well as gut problems causing high folate on his website, you can contact him about discussing your case and testing and treatment.

http://beyondmthfr.com/2014/11/04/a-...mao-and-mthfr/

Old 04-14-2015, 05:44 AM
Observer

rideac1 is on a distinguished road
Default Test Results

Recent test results - Feb 2015
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Test Results Feb 2015 PUBLIC.pdf (304.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-14-2015, 06:16 AM
Observer

My replies in red below.

Quote:
As previously mentioned, it would be better if you had had a genetic methylation test done. All your symptoms point to this being one of the main problems, as you still have basically the same symptoms all your life.
I contacted my doctor to see if she's aware of the 23andme test you mentioned. I did some research on the RBC Folate level as you mentioned just below and it seems that result has a lot to do with the genetic factors.

1) The first set of lab results shows an RBC Folate level of 250% over the maximum level . Have you been been taking Folic acid supplements or a B Complex?
I do not routinely take any B complex supplements, I've taken them on occasion, such as only a few 30 count pill bottles throughout the past few years. I never took a folic acid supplement.

2) The Genova test shows your neurotransmitters are low. Is the Tyrosine supplement improving them? If your not methylating properly you will struggle to get them working effectively.
The tyrosine supplement does not seem to be improving anything.

3) If your high folate is not due to supplementation then it could be due to a buildup of bacteria in the small intestine called SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).

4) Most of the anxiety and other brain problems are probably due to COMT and MAO genetic mutations.

Dr Rosenberg has quite a few videos on genetic mutations as well as gut problems causing high folate on his website, you can contact him about discussing your case and testing and treatment.

http://beyondmthfr.com/2014/11/04/a-...mao-and-mthfr/

I have an appointment with my doctor in 2 weeks and will discuss all of this with her. It at least seems like I got some positive results to help move forward with a solution or at least understanding exactly what is wrong.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

If you make an appointment for a consultation with Dr Rostenberg make sure to send him your lab results beforehand to save time and money in duplicating.

Your hospital doctor is most likely not aware of the study showing folic acid being manufactured in the gut bacterial overgrowth.

This is in a study shown at the bottom of the SIBO video.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3099351/

http://beyondmthfr.com/2014/09/09/mthfr-and-sibo/

Old 05-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Observer

Since the beginning of treatment my doctor recommended I stay away from gluten, dairy, sugars, caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, etc to reduce inflammation and other effects from those foods. I told her that I have a very high metabolism and need to eat often and that staying 100% away from all of that is near impossible. For the past few years I've tried straying away from "bad" and junk foods and do quite well at it, even though I often crave fatty, fried foods. She said to eat protein for a snack to feel fuller and to eat a variety of vegetables every day, which I do but not enough. I am 6'2", 175 lbs, feel and look in good shape, and don't do any routine exercise, but also I rarely sit still in the evenings after my desk job all day.

My question: is my high metabolism due to one of the many issues and part of my anxiety/depression? I'm thinking it's mainly my bodily makeup and will not change and is partially affected by the anxiety and how my body works every day to overcome it with cortisol, etc.
Is there something healthy that I can eat every day that will fill me up as a snack and stay within the dietary guidelines, if necessary?
Old 07-21-2015, 12:52 PM
Observer

I have a follow up doctor appointment this week but not sure what to even talk about. I feel the same as I always have, even after taking the regimen of supplements. From my knowledge and understanding and the doctor's diagnosis of me having stage 3 adrenal fatigue, it seems to me that it may take multiple months to a few years to fully recover. It's odd to me though because I've always felt anxious/irritable at most times but I know now for sure that I am much more fatigued feeling than I remember from a few years ago, like when my cortisol chart was recorded being extremely high, compared to the recent chart being extremely low.

I am wondering deeply what may have caused the adrenal fatigue; I never had anything direct to cause it such as health issues, over stressed at home or work, etc but I know that I have always felt depressed and anxious + small OCD symptoms even as a child.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Lecturer

Which doctor has diagnosed you with adrenal fatigue? Last time I recommended you see the methylation doctor Dr Rosenberg, have you consulted him yet?

http://www.natmedtalk.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=77
Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Observer

Quote:
Which doctor has diagnosed you with adrenal fatigue? Last time I recommended you see the methylation doctor Dr Rosenberg, have you consulted him yet?

http://www.natmedtalk.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=77
The latest doctor, Dr. Mary Davis at SumaMedicine, diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue.

I did not check into Dr. Rosenberg but will look into that very soon.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Lecturer

You had high cortisol for years because of very high inflammation (CRP leve 5X max). This has caused the adrenals to be so fatigued. Cortisol is the bodys
main way of fighting inflammation but too much inflammation will cause adrenal fatigue and lowering of cortisol levels.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Observer

Quote:
You had high cortisol for years because of very high inflammation (CRP leve 5X max). This has caused the adrenals to be so fatigued. Cortisol is the bodys
main way of fighting inflammation but too much inflammation will cause adrenal fatigue and lowering of cortisol levels.
All understood.
What could be the underlying cause of the inflammation (& CRP) in the first place? Would the potential methylation mutation be causing this in some way?
Old 08-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Lecturer

No way of telling,inflammation anywhere in the body. Rheumatoid arthritis for instance would cause high CRP and subsequent adrenal fatigue.

Tags
anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, relief, symptoms, tired
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.