Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Cancer

Old 10-10-2015, 06:43 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold
Default Antioxidants can cause cancer to spread???

This is disturbing.

===================

Antioxidants double the rate of metastasis, the spread of cancer from one part of the body to another, in malignant melanoma, the most perilous type of skin cancer, warns a new study.

Found in many nutritional supplements, antioxidants are widely marketed as a means of preventing cancer.

The results of this study suggest that people with cancer or an elevated risk of developing the disease should avoid nutritional supplements that contain antioxidants.

"We have demonstrated that antioxidants promote the progression of cancer," said one of the researchers Martin Bergo from Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg in Sweden.

Antioxidants protect healthy cells from free radicals that can turn them into malignancies but may also protect a tumour once it has developed, the findings showed.

Researchers at Sahlgrenska Academy demonstrated in January 2014 that antioxidants hastened and aggravated the progression of lung cancer.

Mice that were given antioxidants developed additional and more aggressive tumours.

Experiments on human lung cancer cells confirmed the results. Given well-established evidence that free radicals can cause cancer, the research community had simply assumed that antioxidants, which destroy them, provide protection against the disease.

But because the lung cancer studies called the collective wisdom into question, they attracted a great deal of attention.

The follow-up studies at Sahlgrenska Academy have now found that antioxidants double the rate of metastasis in malignant melanoma in mice.

"The antioxidant boosted the ability of the tumour cells to metastasise, an even more serious problem because metastasis is the cause of death in the case of melanoma. The primary tumour is not dangerous per se and is usually removed," Bergo noted.

Experiments on cell cultures from patients with malignant melanoma confirmed the new results.

The findings appeared in the journal Science Translational Medicine

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 01-24-2017, 10:12 AM
Observer

VictoryinJesus is on a distinguished road
Default Real vs Fake

Whenever a company wants to discredit vitamins, they always use fake synthetic ones in their studies. Of course those don't work right. Your body doesn't even recognize them. Show me a study using REAL vitamins and then I'll believe it.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Observer

Amli is on a distinguished road

Wondring, I am having some hard non eachy rashes on my hands from a year, They go away when I put creams, not completly but and coming back when I stop or get in contact of dirt. Also I feel when I am bit stressed they show up worse. Dr say its a kind of contact dermatitis. I didn;t got its cause yet to avoide and cure it.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Observer

VictoryinJesus is on a distinguished road
Default Allergies?

It sounds like you have an allergy. Probably food.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

In the study they used megadoses of NAC and vitamin E. It's not a good idea to use megadoses of anything. They were also the synthetic forms and not natural forms of the antioxidants. In short, there is no conclusive evidence that normal doses of non-synthetic antioxidants are anything but beneficial, and although the study is interesting, it is controversial and being challenged by other researchers.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-cancer-worse/
Old 09-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Observer

GeneSlimmins is on a distinguished road

Yes anti-oxidants can cause cancer to spread. But that is not to say that they cause cancer on their own.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:59 AM
Observer

jinni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
In the study they used megadoses of NAC and vitamin E. It's not a good idea to use megadoses of anything. They were also the synthetic forms and not natural forms of the antioxidants. In short, there is no conclusive evidence that normal doses of non-synthetic antioxidants are anything but beneficial, and although the study is interesting, it is controversial and being challenged by other researchers.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-cancer-worse/
I have come across two scientific studies the one on vitamin E proved the synthetic form removed tocopherol from the cell

and synthetic NAC caused asthma this is off another site.
NAC can form a red blood cell-derived molecule called nitrosothiol that fools your body into thinking there’s an oxygen shortage, which can lead to pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

basically synthetic chemicals do not have the etheric layer that is the basis on which everything grows which is why they all cause problems within our bodies.

some scientists call this the zero point field, A good book that presents various proof of this is called The Field by Lynne Mctaggart
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.