Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Old 12-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Observer

ahsanhabibcx is on a distinguished road
Default Tips for gaining weight?

I had an operation a few months back and since then I've been losing a lot of weight. I've calculated by BMI and apparently I'm underweight, almost severely. I know people will say "just eat more" but it really isn't that simple. It's problematic for my stomach to adjust to larger portions. My antibiotics are also causing extreme fatigue; I can't exercise regularly like I used to (exercise really helped) and I sometimes skip meals. All this is making me so depressed and my mood really affects my eating behavior.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:25 AM
Reader

DavyKOTWF will become famous soon enough

Eat lots of fruits; they are loaded with good carbs and high calories. Easy to digest and easy on the stomach.
Taking a quality supplement B complex will help with the moods.
Also take a daily dose of Cod Liver Oil, like 2 tablespoons if you can get it. Carlson's may be the best cod liver oil. If you can't get cod liver oil, eat fresh salmon. Both give quality omega 3 which will help your issues.
If you do these, you'll feel a huge difference in 2 or 3 days.
Also, all your antibiotics are probably destroying the GOOD bacteria in your stomach, which we all vitally need. After you finish the antib's, take some PRObiotics! They will replace the destroyed good bacteria. If you have a long ways to go on the antibiotics, take them in the morning, but then take a probiotic in the evening to get them immediately started. The probiotics will also help your stomach issues.
(my story on antibiotics. The doctors told me to take these for 10 years, for mere colds, etc. and I did. I kept getting colds every winter. I felt lousy. I finally found out about probiotics and started taking them. I was 44 at the time. In just a few days, I felt like a teenager. SUPER good. My body was extremely low on good bacteria in the stomach)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:51 AM
Observer

Mugdha is on a distinguished road

Simply eat more. A little piece of me bites the dust inside at whatever point I hear dietitians or nutritionists give weight-pick up counsel that incorporates expanding calories by:

1. Meat
2. Nuts
3. Fruits like Papaya, Mangoes [Tropical Fruits]
4. Wheat Bread
5. Cheese
6. Milk
7. Potatoes
Old 04-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Observer

lift.likeadad is on a distinguished road

google TDEE

insert the data it requests this will be the calories your body requires each day to survive as well as perform tasks.
add 500 calories to the TDEE
download the app MyPlate
start tracking all the food you eat
Old 04-23-2018, 01:54 AM
Observer

perry611 is on a distinguished road

Maximum people want to lose weight these days but yes some want to gain as rather than losing it. I know some home remedies which my granny used to tell me. Here I am listing down few of them, hope this might help

Use butter and sugar: mix them and eat it once a day.
Mango: Drink organic mango with milk or rather prepare milkshake for yourself
Peanut butter: easy to use is this one. Eat peanut butter once a day

I am sure it is going to help you, as once it has helped me. Take care...

Tags
food additives, weight gain, weights
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.