Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 01-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Reader

uniden is on a distinguished road
Default What are some natural and healthy ways to fall asleep and stay asleep?

What are some natural and healthy ways to fall asleep (even when there is noise in the general vicinity that I am in) and stay asleep? Thanks.

I just finished making my third cup of chamomile mint herbal tea. I've drank two cups so far, but have not fallen asleep yet. Maybe I will drink my third cup and see how I feel after that.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

It's really hard to force staying asleep, but my husband uses Source Naturals sublingual Melatonin 1 mg., then if he wakes in a few hours in the middle of the night, he'll let another one dissolve in his mouth. Also wears foam ear plugs in noisy situations.

The strengths of the Melatonin vary, so if you feel you need more than 1 mg. you have that option.

I never used more than 3 mg per night without feeling a bit of a 'hangover' from them the next morning.

Solaray also used to sell a Sleep Blend of different herbs for relaxation, that worked too for me. But all of these things, especially Melatonin, make my dreams much more vivid, good thing for good dreams, but not so great for the occasional nightmare.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:26 PM
Observer

modulusmath is on a distinguished road

I've used light blocking curtains (approved by national sleep foundation). Super happy w/them. You could try some foam earplugs...I've had *some* success w/them.

Also, try to block any blue light from computers as well...

HTH
Old 02-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Reader

Mike65Denver is on a distinguished road
Default Believe in God. Eat His Goodies.

I was poisoned by toxic fumes at a job. I have tried every brain formula in the world trying to become calm and cognitive and none of them did anything at all for me until I tried glycine. It seems too good to be true but believe me take a total of 8 grams of glycine per day from food and supplements and you'll become calm and cognizant like me. Another very good one is guayusa tea and add olive leaf extract and theanine. Take 1 cup every 6 hours.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Adding Tryptophan 500mg and 50mg P5P (B6) to my sleep combo gets me back to sleep. I have a sleep combo I start with about a couple hrs before hitting the pillow. My sleep issues started after menopause in my early 50's.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Observer

naturalglow is on a distinguished road

Have you tried listening to white noise to block the surrounding noise? It works! I listen to a very special white noise cd of a love song to God, known as HU. Singing HU also helps me get back to sleep if I wake up during the night.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalglow View Post
Have you tried listening to white noise to block the surrounding noise? It works! I listen to a very special white noise cd of a love song to God, known as HU. Singing HU also helps me get back to sleep if I wake up during the night.
I don't have noise in my room where I sleep, but a lot of pain in the body so the supplements I've added get me back to sleep when I wake up for bathroom run. So much has changed in my body with advancing pain from arthritis. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by modulusmath View Post
I've used light blocking curtains (approved by national sleep foundation). Super happy w/them. You could try some foam earplugs...I've had *some* success w/them.

Also, try to block any blue light from computers as well...

HTH
THIS^^^
Have NO light shining on body/head, at all. NO computer/tv/electric in room. I turn off fuse for room. Try looking into some suggestions at this site:

https://lowbluelights.com/

Reduce use of "blue" lights after sunset. Can even have a warm display lighting for your computer https://justgetflux.com/

I Ground with the earth as much as possible. BARE feet on grass or sand.
I take chamomile in pure tincture form and manuka honey before bed. I have also had emf/electrical rf/elf measurement done. I do have cellular tower beaming through my window, but very very slight. Not faraday cage canopy worthy. I am also very far from the many smart meters on building. YAY for me. During the day I have my air cleaner with negative ions and salt lamp going. A linen spray of lavender on pillow and off GOES THE WIFI!!

I once left window open just a smidge. Then the serenade by robins at 4am would wake me. Probably a time that humans SHOULD GET UP -- just not me. So the window remains closed.