Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Cancer

Old 04-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Reader

jaminhealth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth
Default Anyone NOT sold on Colonoscopies?

I've never had one and I'm 80 this year and have no plans to start now.

My parents NEVER had them and they both lived into their 90's and relatives all lived into 80-90's and NO colonoscopies in their lives.

Grape Seed Extract is my prevention for cancers in general and it's my colonoscopy.

So much fear and push to do these invasive tests and honestly I never thought about them in my 50's.... No doctor ever pushed me to them and I don't see allopathic MD's for the most part anyway.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:39 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I've never had one and I'm in my mid-60s. I agree they're very invasive and dangerous from what I've heard when done carelessly or with a dirty instrument. I don't have colon cancer in my immediate family, if I was high risk I might get them.

I take the annual at home fecal test that you mail in, so far it's been negative. A relative by marriage was very healthy, little meat, no alcohol or smoking, lots of good natural foods and exercise, he was a marathon runner.

He has a colonoscopy and had some polyps removed, then they said he had colon cancer, so he had a section of his colon removed. Then the cancer spread to his liver, testicles and other parts of his body. He passed away from chemo and radiation treatments...along with the cancer.

I know some people swear by it, but I don't trust it. I rarely go to see a doctor, but whenever I do they are pushing mammograms, colonoscopy, and flu and other vaccines.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Reader

Send a message via AIM to jaminhealth Send a message via MSN to jaminhealth Send a message via Yahoo to jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
I've never had one and I'm in my mid-60s. I agree they're very invasive and dangerous from what I've heard when done carelessly or with a dirty instrument. I don't have colon cancer in my immediate family, if I was high risk I might get them.

I take the annual at home fecal test that you mail in, so far it's been negative. A relative by marriage was very healthy, little meat, no alcohol or smoking, lots of good natural foods and exercise, he was a marathon runner.

He has a colonoscopy and had some polyps removed, then they said he had colon cancer, so he had a section of his colon removed. Then the cancer spread to his liver, testicles and other parts of his body. He passed away from chemo and radiation treatments...along with the cancer.

I know some people swear by it, but I don't trust it. I rarely go to see a doctor, but whenever I do they are pushing mammograms, colonoscopy, and flu and other vaccines.
I hear you, never had a colonoscopy and two mamms in my early 50's and that was it...I take 1-2 drops Iosol Iodine daily for breast health and other tissue health.

The mamms I had showed calcification and then I realized too GET OFF calcium supps and I take larger doses of magnesium and D3/K2 for bone health...

Lots of common thinking here. jam
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I had one bone scan maybe when I was around 50 and they said I had the beginnings of osteopenia. Their first recommendation was to take a calcium supplement daily.

Well, although I did use calcium citrate many years ago, at the time I discontinued it because my father in law had a major stroke and his carotid artery was 99% calcified. He was half paralyzed, couldn't speak or take care of himself at all. We moved him and his wife into our home and we moved our stuff to the basement. We had to take him in and out of bed, put him in a wheelchair, portable potty when he could use it, etc., etc. He was miserable but we did everything we could to make it comfortable and nice for him.

I vowed to never take calcium supplements again, and stopped giving any to my husband. Instead I did increas my mag. citrate, D3 and started using K2. I haven't been xrayed since that, because I really try to avoid xrays, also even if they said I had osteoporosis, I wouldn't take any prescription meds for it.

So many older people increase their calcium intake with supplements, many times carbonate....and many of them have strokes, TIAs, heart attacks, etc. The calcium can't be helping with those things.

Honestly, I'd rather fall and break my hip or have my shoulders start to hunch, than have a major stroke that left me completely helpless mentally and physically.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Reader

MOST MD's do not have a clue and keep pushing the calcium. I was seeing a rather alternative rheumy MD for acupuncture and prolotherapy, she was great in many ways, but was pushing me to take more calcium...I almost got into a fight with her...I knew better as I studied magnesium for bone health and these doctors do not.

I swear it's a conspiracy to keep us sick and in need of drastic means. grrrrrrrrrrrr

I deal with a major bunch of complications from a hip replacement, talk about drastic means. jam
Old 05-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about
Default Strontium for good bones also

K2C, adding strontium is a good idea also. I just turned 70 and my bones are great! The pharmaceutical drugs for bones are BAAAD news!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:43 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH View Post
K2C, adding strontium is a good idea also. I just turned 70 and my bones are great! The pharmaceutical drugs for bones are BAAAD news!
Thanks for the tip Jan, I'll have to look that up, I have no idea what it is. I've also been using organic turkey bone broth lately for bone/joint health.

The prescription meds are bad news for sure. Recently heard a commercial on TV for a new drug that's supposed to be for osteoporosis, side effects are spine fractures and broken hips.....seriously!
Old 05-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH View Post
I've been taking Strontium off and on for some yrs too and my bones are good...and I'm 80 soon. I didn't take it every day but pretty regular...I think I still have some and will have to look for it. Thanks for reminder.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've never had one and I'm 80 this year and have no plans to start now.

My parents NEVER had them and they both lived into their 90's and relatives all lived into 80-90's and NO colonoscopies in their lives.

Grape Seed Extract is my prevention for cancers in general and it's my colonoscopy.

So much fear and push to do these invasive tests and honestly I never thought about them in my 50's.... No doctor ever pushed me to them and I don't see allopathic MD's for the most part anyway.

ME!!

Talked a few people out of them too -- they were told to have one since they are close to their 50th birthday. (Why punish them for that??!!))

Done one - long time ago. The THREE days of CLEAR liquids almost killed me and I still cannot even LOOK at apple juice ever again...
I had major probs with my stomach. Took me forever to find a female doc in order to have it done. Everything was fine. Pink. Healthy. Then I find out about those awful cameras THAT CANNOT REALLY BE SANITIZED FROM HEP A, B, C, D, ETC AND HIV AND ALL THOSE!! grrr. Costs money to have those things sitting in a solution when they can be inside someone! Know a couple people that had perforations from them too.

Swallow the camera. Have thermography. Eat better. Those awful scope things are the LAST resort in my opinion.
Even if you ARE relatively healthy...the invasive "tests" and those awful meds that are pushed will soon take that away.

ETA: The female gastro eventually died from cancer. Not certain what type, tho. Sad.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Reader

Yikes, I never thought about the camera issue and sanitation .. I just knew in my gut that I did not want one and as I said 80 soon and I'm confident that I'm doing the right thing for me. Thanks for your comments. happy2bhere
Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

YIKES is right! A friend of a friend had a perforation but I'd never heard of the lack of sanitation either. I'm 70 and have avoided colonoscopies too. Don't think mammograms are such a great idea either!
Old 06-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Reader

I'm 80 soon and had two mamms in my early 50's and none since. I take Iosol Iodine daily and trust my grape seed extract is keeping my breasts healthy...so far so good.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Another stupid money making scheme by the failed medical industry to boost profits and scare you into unnecessary this and that.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.