Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Colds, Flu & Fever

Old 10-30-2018, 07:47 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Question Have You Received the PCV13 Vaccine

I got a message from my health insurance provider that I need to get a PCV13 vaccine.

I believe they're pushing that now for people over 65, for pneumonia, strep, etc. I don't take flu shots and am not a big fan of vaccines, so I wanted to ask others before I approved getting it.

It seems that you need a second vaccine follow-up when you get the PCV.

Have you had this vaccine, any bad side effects. What's your opinion on its effectiveness? I don't like to get my info from the CDC, they have an agenda to promote vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:02 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

I'm not going to. I'm not around children or even other people very much. At least not closely. I always wash my hands when I return from the grocery store too.

I really like Dr Mercola for info on many health related problems. But he is sometimes more extreme than I like.

Here is info on PCV-7 and 13. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...nfections.aspx

Also
Quote:
"Now, the reason for [the introduction of new PCV-13 vaccine] was that when Prevnar was originally introduced, it seemed to cause a reduction in cases of meningitis, and possibly pneumonia, due to the bacteria that were included in the vaccine. Subsequently, there was an increase in cases throughout the United States and also in the rest of the world of strains that were not included in the vaccine.

There have been a lot of studies on this. In some places, there are more infections than before. In most places, there seems to be net fewer, but not a lot net fewer. The infections that now occur – not everywhere, but it seems that in the majority of places – are more antibiotic-resistant than they were before."
But even worse

Quote:
As mentioned below in the children’s side effects section, the flu vaccine may increase your seizure risk. The CDC notes that a higher risk of fever-caused seizures is possible after a child is given a flu shot with the pneumococcal vaccine (PCV13) and/or DTaP vaccine. To prevent this, inform your doctor before the flu vaccination if you have a child who has experienced a seizure.72

Lastly, the flu vaccine may cause extensive damage to your body’s nervous system, and predispose you to the following conditions:73

• Brain and nerve disorders: Flu shots have been linked to brain inflammation and encephalopathy, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), optic neuritis, partial facial paralysis, brachial plexus neuropathy and vasculitis.

• Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS):74 A flu shot can slightly raise your risk for GBS, with estimates being one or two cases per 1 million vaccinations.75 GBS, which can develop two to four weeks after the vaccination, is an autoimmune disorder that may target your peripheral nervous system, trigger temporary or permanent paralysis and other chronic health problems, or even cause death.

Common GBS symptoms to watch out for include muscle weakness, numbness, an unsteady gait, tingling, pain, or facial or limb paralysis.76

https://articles.mercola.com/flu-shot-side-effects.aspx

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
Old 10-31-2018, 07:59 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your reply and information Jfh, I highly respect your opinion on these things. Like you, I'm not around children or many people, and I try to keep my immune system strong with supplements including D3, C and antioxidants. I also have been washing my hands often, etc.

I don't see a doctor often, but I intend to go next year for some bloodwork, glucose testing, etc. I can look forward to arguing with a pushy doctor about my personal rights not to inject substances into my body that I don't trust or agree with. Even when I refuse the flu shot, they either try to invoke fear or guilt....doesn't work with me, I see through it. They're just doing their jobs, but I have to live with my body and mind.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.