Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Diabetes

Old 11-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Observer

bulldoglvr1990 is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on reducing medication

Hi Guys,
I am a diabetic and I was taking crazy doses of metformin to control my blood sugar and weight. I switched to HempPaste a month ago and my blood sugar is normalizing.I lost 10 pounds this month! I want to come off the metformin completely since I donít see any benefit to it, if the HempPaste can help me manage it. Also the side effects of the meformin are awful. Can anyone recommend how to decrease my dosage so I donít just go off of it cold turkey?
Old 11-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Explorer

RodsHealth is on a distinguished road

You need to discuss this with the doc who prescribed the metformin. Or one who knows how to use it. Definitely don't go cold turkey. Or try to wean yourself off.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:13 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Reversing Diabetes so you are able to reduce ALL diabetes drugs is possible and many people have done it without problems.
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Professor Taylor from Newcastle uses a near fasting protocol.

Jason Fung How to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally More details at his blog intensivedietarymanagement He uses both fasting and a low carbonhdrate approach.

Reversing Diabetes- My Ketogenic Journey To Health!
Highlights and experiments in my journey to battle and reverse Diabetes through a high fat, low carb ketogenic diet, exercise and attitude
She also runs a facebook support group for people reversing diabetes.

There are loads more resources online that will assist you in reducing and then eliminating your reliance of pharmaceutical drugs.
Low Carb RN
Low Cartb diabetic

The science supporting the use of Low carbohydrate diets for those with Type 2 diabetesis now very supportive and there is more research showing it helps address the underlying metabolic problems.
]Dietary carbohydrate restriction as the first approach in diabetes management: Critical review and evidence base

I expect you know that metformin use tends to deplete Vitamin B12 so people who are or have been using metformin should also be taking a B12 supplement preferably one with both methylcobalamin (MeCbl) and adenosylcobalamin (AdCbl)

Tags
coldturkey, diabetes, hemp, metformin, side effects
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.