Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 08-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Observer

Tuckjosh is on a distinguished road
Default Sudden insomnia from cocktail of supplements?

Hi there. I'm a male, 19, diagnosed with severe ADHD-C with anxious 'tendencies.' I take Vyvanse 40mg during the week to control it, as well as some supplements. I took an interest in supplementation after my diagnosis in hope to somehow 'prevent' some kind of relapse in anxiety or depression and to add to my over-all well being . I've accumulated use of l-lysine 500mg, 100mg sublingual b12, a multi (I'm vitamin d deficient), melatonin 3mg (sleeps really important to me. Melatonin has worked well for me for several months at night), and recently ginseng panax 250mg. I began taking all these supplements later in the evening because of my work schedule and my sleep habits suddenly changed. Starting last Monday night it took me hours to fall asleep; my heart was beating 1000x/hour and it caused me to start thinking "I'm never going to be able to fall asleep!!!!!!!" Like I've said I've dealt with anxiety before and this just didn't feel like it. Up until last Monday I had no trouble getting a full 8 hours of sleep! I'm also an exercise enthusiast so it's not like my body isn't keeping pent up energy. Anyway I started looking into it and I saw ginseng can cause insomnia as it's considered a 'stimulant,' and that plus melatonin doesn't seem to go hand in hand. Plus if my medicine doesn't wear off until 7-8 at night, is it possible that by taking ginseng I'm not giving my brain the break it needs thus causing raised heartbeat/insomnia? I guess I'm looking for some feedback.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

Try going back to basic nutrition getting all the minerals you need and there are products out there that have plant derived colloidal minerals at least 60 than get your full vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids. try that first herbs are drugs not as dangerous as pharmaceuticals but still drugs. I know a few children who had ADHD and with the colloidal minerals only got better.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Try going back to basic nutrition getting all the minerals you need and there are products out there that have plant derived colloidal minerals at least 60 than get your full vitamins, amino acids, and fatty acids. try that first herbs are drugs not as dangerous as pharmaceuticals but still drugs. I know a few children who had ADHD and with the colloidal minerals only got better.
Yes to the above. ADHD very much nutritional (diet, exercise) related. You don't have a prescription drug deficiency, if you catch my drift. Seek though the advice of a natural healthcare provider for guidance on when to take certain supplements. Also, all supplements are not created equal. I have had good experience with Nutritional Frontiers products. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Observer

Donna Bidese is on a distinguished road

I have some information on nutritional products for you. I firmly believe
the key is balance, it's called synergy. I take these balanced nutritional
shakes that have truly helped me a lot through the years with many health
issues. Have you ever heard of Nutritional Epigenetics? It's something fairly new, but
if you'd like some information I can help you?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Enlightener

d0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the roughd0ug is a jewel in the rough

Yes I have heard of epigenetics I have a book with that title. I get my supplements from one of the fathers of epigenetics Dr. Joel Wallach his supplements are call Youngevity.
He has reversed a lot of the so call genetic diseases.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Observer

Donna Bidese is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Yes I have heard of epigenetics I have a book with that title. I get my supplements from one of the fathers of epigenetics Dr. Joel Wallach his supplements are call Youngevity.
He has reversed a lot of the so call genetic diseases.
I too have taken a well balanced nutritional shake for 21 years with wonderful results. The company is called Reliv and our component that works at a
Epigenetic level is called Lunasin. It's in all our products and it's making a difference in people's lives every day. Epigenetics is the future. There is hope and
We just have to keep spreading the word. So if you want a better Quality of Life seek out those companies that can help, no need to struggle. If you want to try Reliv
Let me know, I can help.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Ginseng is a morning or afternoon supplement, and so is vitamin D.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Bidese View Post
I too have taken a well balanced nutritional shake for 21 years with wonderful results. The company is called Reliv and our component that works at a
Epigenetic level is called Lunasin. It's in all our products and it's making a difference in people's lives every day. Epigenetics is the future. There is hope and
We just have to keep spreading the word. So if you want a better Quality of Life seek out those companies that can help, no need to struggle. If you want to try Reliv
Let me know, I can help.
Is there no end to SPAM!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.