Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Skin Health

Old 01-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Observer

chroniclesof is on a distinguished road
Arrow Can Aloe Vera irritate skin?

I've recently purchased an Aloe Vera plant. I intended to apply the gel to my face for moisturizing, as I heard it was good.
I extracted the gel, chopped it up a bit and mixed it with a whisk for a few minutes, and have kept it in the fridge.
I applied it after washing my face yesterday and noticed my skin was a bit red.

Then i applied it after my shower today and noticed it was quite red in the places I applied the aloe, and completely fine in other areas I did not.
It could be possible that I have a slight latex allergy, and I know that there is yellow juice that is "latex" in the plant. I propped the aloe plant up to drain the juice (as I read on wikihow) and barely saw any after 10 minutes.....

Assuming it was the yellow liquid...How do I extract it correctly???
Assuming it wasn't, can aloe from the plant be irritating?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I have used an aloe gel that was in a small bottle on my face when I had a sunburn, I ended up rinsing it off, it did burn and wasn't soothing at all. I've applied aloe from the plant on small cuts or scrapes from time to time, and that was okay.

It's a bit greasy until it sinks into the skin, but I find that extra virgin coconut oil is very soothing for irritated, sunburned or dry skin.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Observer

kazziem01 is on a distinguished road

If Aloe gel in a bottle is almost 100% aloe vera then I wonder what the difference is using the gel to a plant. I haven't been game to use a cutting from a plant straight onto my skin.

Kaz
Old 04-11-2017, 03:06 AM
Observer

Nityasharma941 is on a distinguished road

i love aloe vera for every kind of skin irritation. Aloe is probably best-known for its ability to heal sunburns, but it’s extremely versatile as it soothes the skin and relieves swelling and irritation.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Observer

serj123 is on a distinguished road

Aloe helps not only with irritations and sunburn. Personally, he helps me with my psoriasis. A truly universal tool

Tags
aloe vera, red
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.