Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

Old 06-28-2013, 07:01 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Vitamin D in a new light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind2creatures View Post
Thanks for the excellent post Solstice Goat. I was reading about the calcium, too many people take calcium supplements today, especially the elderly, due to doctor recommendation.

I know a young lady whose doctor told her to take Tums everyday, if she couldn't afford a calcium supplement. Of course a lot of people take calcium carbonate or oyster shell calcium, etc. My FIL was taking that daily, and he ended up having a major stroke, with 99% of his main artery clogged. Years back a bone scan showed that I had osteopenia, and the doctor wanted me to take huge amounts of calcium...luckily I knew better. Just started taking D3, k2, magnesium citrate, exercise, etc.
Good to hear, there is a lot of research to support that type of therapy.

Quote:
Up until 1980, doctors thought that vitamin D was only involved in calcium, phosphorus, and bone metabolism. Then two investigators proposed that vitamin D and sunlight could reduce the risk of colon cancer. A growing body of evidence indicates that they were right and that vitamin D can prevent a whole host of cancers – colon, breast, lung, pancreatic, ovarian, and prostate cancer among them. Colon cancer rates are 4 to 6 times higher in North America and Europe, where solar radiation is less intense, particularly during the winter months, compared to the incidence of colon cancer near the equator. People with low blood levels of vitamin D and those who live at higher latitudes are at increased risk for acquiring various kinds of cancer. Many epidemiological, cohort, and case control studies prove, at least on a more likely than not basis, that vitamin D supplements and adequate exposure to sunlight play an important role in cancer prevention (Am J Public Health 2006;96:252–261).
Lengthy, but well worth the read. Vitamin D

Bill Sardi on calcium.

Quote:
The change of life is a change in calcium metabolism
Regardless of any argument over whether calcium pills are problematic or not, the change of life among females signals a redirection of calcium metabolism.

I often ask groups of women to fill in the blank to this question: "As menopause sets in, women experience a shortage of _______?" Women often appear puzzled at this question. They don't know the obvious answer. Some will answer by saying calcium. But the onset of menopause doesn't cause women to suddenly reduce their intake of calcium en masse.
Menopause is a shortage of estrogen, not calcium. Pouring more calcium into a menopausal woman is like pouring calcium into a barrel with a hole in the bottom. This seems too obvious.

Estrogen sends a signal for calcium to be held in bones. Without that signal, calcium slowly exits bone and is deposited in arteries. The risk for heart disease rises by 360% with the onset of menopause. Calcium released from bone is deposited in arteries, which causes loss of elasticity, inability to control blood pressure, and eventual blood clots or calcium plaque that can block a coronary artery that feeds the heart oxygen. This arterial blockage is called a heart attack.
Strangely, modern medicine acts as if it is baffled and dumbfounded when it is commonly reported that arteries calcify at a rate that correlates with loss of calcium from bone. This is called the "calcification paradox." There is no paradox, except in the minds of ill-informed physicians.
http://www.natural-hormones.net/

http://www.drbrownstein.com/The-Mira...-p/miracle.htm
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Update

Clarification

Quote:

STEP 2 – Remove existing calcification within your Pineal Gland
Organic Blue Ice Skate Fish Oil:
One of the most powerful natural substances you can take to decalcify your pineal gland. It contains a very powerful substance called “Activator X” discovered by Weston Price. See below for more information about “Activator X”.
Quote:
Activator X (Vitamin K1/K2):
Discovered by Weston Price, it is a super potent detoxifier, especially when mixed with Vitamin A and D3, and has many properties. It can reverse the process of arteriosclerosis, allowing the enzymatic balance to be restored. This then allows for the calcium to be removed from the arteries and other locations (i.e. pineal gland) and placed where it belongs, in the bone. It is also a potent catalyst for vitamin and mineral absorption.
The vitamin occurs naturally in two forms:
K1 (phylloquinone) is found in green leafy vegetables
K2 (comprised of menaquinones) is created by intestinal microflora and also obtained from food sources such as organ meats, liver (goose/chicken are best), egg yolks, fermented dairy products like cheese or butter (from cows eating rapidly growing green grass), Japanese fermented soybean dish Natto (the richest K2 food source), sauerkraut, marine oils, fish eggs and shellfish.
Dr Price didn't specify Skate oil. From the Weston Price website.

Quote:
Dr. Price always gave cod liver oil along with high-vitamin butter oil, extracted by centrifuge from good quality spring or fall butter. He found that cod liver oil on its own was relatively ineffective but combined with high vitamin butter oil produced excellent results. The butter oil contains what he called Activator X, now considered to be vitamin K2, which works synergistically with vitamins A and D (see Chris Masterjohn's article "On the Trail of the Elusive X Factor: A Sixty-Year Old Mystery Finally Solved"). Your diet should include sources of vitamin K, such as good quality butter from grass-fed cows and/or high-vitamin butter oil, fat from grass-fed animals, cheeses from grass-fed animals and duck or goose liver, along with cod liver oil.
http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-live...-basics#brands

So, I've been doing grass fed butter with my coconut and cod liver oil.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Fluoride is another bothersome metal for the pineal gland. One of the best ways to detox this is with borax (boron). Typical instructions are 1/8 teaspoon (1/4 for men) of borax to a liter and sip on this throughout the day. That's how it usually works. I use 1/4 teaspoon of Twenty Mule Team Borax in an 8 ounce glass of water and drink it about an hour. I have had no physical problem with this. It takes more than any 3mg, that you find in a multi-vit, to accomplish this, and it takes weeks.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Fluoride is another bothersome metal for the pineal gland. One of the best ways to detox this is with borax (boron). Typical instructions are 1/8 teaspoon (1/4 for men) of borax to a liter and sip on this throughout the day. That's how it usually works. I use 1/4 teaspoon of Twenty Mule Team Borax in an 8 ounce glass of water and drink it about an hour. I have had no physical problem with this. It takes more than any 3mg, that you find in a multi-vit, to accomplish this, and it takes weeks.
Good to know, thanks.

By avoiding tap water, we can eliminate most fluoride intake, along with using a more natural toothpaste.

Raw cacao (chocolate) is another good source of boron.

Iodine and natural sea salt help eliminate all the parasitic halides in our bodies, including bromine, which takes years to get rid of.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Notice, in your article, that black seed is a great detoxifier.

Quote:
Recent research on the black seed has shown it to be a detoxifier, anti-biotic, anti-tumour, anti-inflammatory, anti-histaminic, anti-bacterial, anti-bronchial and immune boosting agent. This not only makes it a good pineal gland cleanser, but also an all-round health boosting product!

http://decalcifypinealgland.com/how-...-gland/#sativa
Old 06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Notice, in your article, that black seed is a great detoxifier.

Thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
Decided to give this a whirl

Black cumin seed

I should have posted my source for organic black cumin in this thread, as well as your thread on black cumin seed.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Just ordered beet root powder from iherb, I will try a glass in the mronings for a couple weeks

Tags
pineal gland
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.