Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Butterflylady, I am wondering if anyone has checked you out for hiatial hernia? That can cause pretty bad gastritis and the only cure is surgery and in your case well worth it.

If its an ulcer you will have burning pain in your stomach even when you are not having reflux and esophegeal pain. That is the most common indicator of ulcer. Also ulcers tend to make some people feel like they want to eat, but after eating the stomach hurts

If it is neither of the above enzymes are a good idea and may help. If you have a haital hernia enzymes might help some but still may not be very effective. If you have a hiatial hernia you should not supplement with Betaine HCL, as too low stomach acid is not the problem and it will only make the burning worse.

You cannot just allow this buring in your esophagus to continue on. I know proton pump inhibitors are very bad for you but constant burning in your esophagus is even worse and could end you up in some serious trouble. Rather than using a proton pump inhibitor try using baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)

I think you should really get hiatial hernia ruled in our out.

If a candida cure does not work I strongly suggest that you seek out someone very experienced in Traditional Chinese Medicine or Homeoapthy.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 AM
In seaerch of spicy food

saved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura aboutsaved1986 has a spectacular aura about

Definitely some good info here! I would get nystatin and do a course of that and then get some good rpobiotics and definitely cut down on dairy! Also, if you can find it, get some REAL UNPASTEURIZED saurkraut (availble from rejuvantive foods) and have some daily for a couple weeks or get some fresh kimchi from a korean market and do the same.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Butterflylady,

As you appear to have exhausted all the common reasons for gastritis it may be helpful to get your blood calcium levels checked.

Hypercalcemia increases gastrin levels and can cause gastritis. Usually its because of malfunctioning parathyroid gland(s) which regulate serum calcium levels.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Any disease that ends with "itis" is caused by fungus.

In your case, its candida. Bet on it.