Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Nutrition

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Popular Brands of Orange Juice Tested Positive for Glyphosate Weed Killer!

Tropicana is the only brand that I have used that is on the list, I usually buy 'not from concentrate', so that left Minute Maid out. But I think I'll be avoiding it in the future if this is true.

I don't drink that much orange juice, but I don't like the idea of weed killer in mine. More here. http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/all...for_weedkiller

Quote:
October 11, 2017

In 2015 the USDA reported orange juice was the most consumed fruit juice in the United States and oranges were second most consumed fruit overall, just slightly behind apples. The average person in America consumes 2.7 gallons of orange juice and 3 pounds of oranges each year.

“100% Pure Orange Juice” is a common claim used by many juice brands that allow consumers to feel safe when serving it to their families on a daily basis.

However, recent testing revealed that every one of the five top orange juice brands Moms Across America sent to an accredited lab tested positive for glyphosate weed killer.

Glyphosate is the declared active chemical ingredient in Roundup, manufactured by Monsanto, and 750 other brands of glyphosate-based herbicides. Roundup is the most widely used herbicide in the world, often sprayed as a weedkiller between citrus trees, found in irrigation water and rain.

Moms Across America founder Zen Honeycutt stated, "The discovery of glyphosate residue in orange juice is unacceptable, especially since a branch of the World Health Organization designated glyphosate a probable carcinogen, two years ago, back in the spring of 2015.

The EPA has had ample time to revoke the license of this chemical and restrict its use in our food and beverage crops. As confirmed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, our children (who frequently drink orange juice for breakfast) are especially vulnerable to pesticides and measures should be taken immediately to protect them."

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.