Old 04-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Observer

musiclvr56 is on a distinguished road
Default Vitamin D

I am interested in taking about 2,000 I.U. of Vitamin D with Vitamin K. I don't want one made in a lab (synthetic) with unsafe fillers. I take Garden of Life Women 40 plus multivitamin which is made from whole raw foods-has 1,000 IU Vit. D. I had my Vitamin D level tested and it was 37. My conventional doctor says that is good, but from what I read (Dr. Mercola is my favorite resource) the number should be about 50. Guessing I need more than 1,000 I.U. to get the number up.

Thanks!

Karen
Old 04-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

37 is not high enough, 60 is average in my opinion, and 90 is where you really want to be especially in winter when the sun is at the wrong angle, depending on where you live. D must be taken with K2 and a natural vitamin A, such as cod liver oil or equivilant in order to be totally effective. 4000 I.U. of D per day would be enough if taken with k2 and A. If you are overweight, 5000 I.U. per day, and if dark skinned, up to 10,000 I.U. per day.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Observer

Default Vitamin D

Just became aware that if you take Liquid Vitamin D you don't need to have K-1 as part of that vitamin because of the way Vitamin D is aborbed. I am going to start to look at different brands of the liquid form. Can anyone recommend a specific brand?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Observer

Default Vitamin D and K-2

I am interested in buying Vitamin D, K-2 and magnesium separately. I have been lots of reading and want to purchase Vitamin K-2. Too many different opinions on whether to take MK4 or MK7 and then you have the choice to have it synthetic.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:25 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I only use the vitamin D3 form of D. Currently I've been using Solaray Vitamin D3 & K-2 (MK-7). I use NOW brand Magnesium Citrate pure powder, and my husband takes Natural Factors Magnesium Citrate capsules. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...hlight=vitamin

Old 11-16-2017, 07:46 PM
Observer

Default vitamin d and k-2

Thanks for your response! I thought everything that is being sold is D-3. Also, not sure, but thought I have been told that if you take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D, you needed 100 mcg of K-2.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:04 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclvr56 View Post
Thanks for your response! I thought everything that is being sold is D-3. Also, not sure, but thought I have been told that if you take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D, you needed 100 mcg of K-2.
You're welcome. Maybe these days they're only selling D3, I don't know. When I first started taking vitamins many were plain D or D2....so I specifically looked for D3 once I learned it was better. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/84/4/694.full

I'm far from an expert, just learning a little as I go along and using what I think is best in my price range. Won't buy the cheaper vitamins anymore.

I think you'll find varying numbers recommended depending on what site you look at and who's giving the advice. There are other combo formulas that have similar amounts of k2 for that dosage of D3. I was taking a higher dose of k2 separately awhile back, but I think that was overkill, so I'm okay with this for now.

Maybe when summer rolls around I'll lower my D3 to 2000 or 2500 IUs.

Tags
organic, supplements, vitamin d
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.