Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Observer

maryaa84 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice on natural vitamin supplements?

Hi everyone,
I'm new here!
I would like to start taking some vitamin supplements but I don't know much about them. I just know that I would like them to be natural. So many types and brands, I don't know where to start... Do you guys have some advice?
I also try to eat fruits and veggies but I don't think I get enough vitamins from them.

Thank you so much!

Mary
Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Enlightener

u&iraok will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryaa84 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new here!
I would like to start taking some vitamin supplements but I don't know much about them. I just know that I would like them to be natural. So many types and brands, I don't know where to start... Do you guys have some advice?
I also try to eat fruits and veggies but I don't think I get enough vitamins from them.

Thank you so much!

Mary
My favorite is Dr. Mercola's multi. I've given it to friends to try and they've loved it as well. One friend says she feels 100% better after taking it.

Life Extension Foundation's Mix is also good.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Observer

musiclvr56 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice on natural vitamin supplements

Most vitamins sold in drugstores are made in labs-are synthetic which I don't believe is desirable. I buy my vitamins online or in health food stores. My favorite multi vitamin is made by Garden of Life. One of the best if not the best supplement is curcumin-I buy the one from Jarrow Formula-meriva form. Lastly, from what I read, Vitamin D is the most important vitamin. Again, Garden of Life-made from raw whole foods.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:06 PM
Observer

MANU is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to MANU Send a message via Yahoo to MANU Send a message via Skype™ to MANU

Hi Mary, I hear you saying, vitamins are very important piece for our health, I am speaking for my experience, I have been take care of my health using natural supplements, exercise and changing my lifestyle by eating clean. I have cholesterol over 20 yrs and I don't take any prescriptions. If you like to know more, please let me know.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Enlightener

D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

I also use Dr. Mercola's multivitamin. Only thing missing is vitamin K. I take that separately.

Turmeric, Ginger & Krill oil are also other supplements with many benefits.

Dan
Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Observer

Louis Adams is on a distinguished road

try to search info about them first, many of them are just scam
Old 03-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Observer

munki is on a distinguished road

If you're looking for one that has vitamin K included, my whole family (ages 16-60+) uses the MicroLife multivitamin. It has 80mcg of vitamin K and is all natural, allergen free and vegetarian.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:51 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by munki View Post
If you're looking for one that has vitamin K included, my whole family (ages 16-60+) uses the MicroLife multivitamin. It has 80mcg of vitamin K and is all natural, allergen free and vegetarian.
You must be rich. That's an expensive supplement. Try to remember that supplements are just that. Supplements for a diet that may not be optimum. And multi level marketing has more hype than solution.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 03-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Enlightener

u&iraok will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergy View Post
I also use Dr. Mercola's multivitamin. Only thing missing is vitamin K. I take that separately.

Turmeric, Ginger & Krill oil are also other supplements with many benefits.

Dan
I'm glad you mention the K. I take a bone care supplement that has more calcium than Dr. Mercola's multi has as well as K and some other minerals for bone health.

I also take turmeric or cucurmin and krill.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:03 AM
Observer

AmazingNutrition is on a distinguished road

Natural Vitamin supplements are taken as a 'health insurance' to boost energy, slow down the effects of ageing and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Observer

Zeth is on a distinguished road

You can get all your necessary vitamins and minerals (these are just as critical, if not more) from a balanced diet. I think that supplements are great gap fillers for busy lives and can have great effects like energy and immune boosting properties though, I agree with Amazing.

I run a seaweed nutritional shop online and I always advise organic, local and then supplements.

Glad to hear your into natural stuff though!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Most multivitamin/mineral supplements use synthetic elemental ingredients, and the body can not absorb them. The only good one that I've seen is doctor Wallachs products. His multi mineral is in liquid colloidal form and is 98% absorbed by the human body. Nothing else even comes close. Vitamins will not work without mineral cofactors,so just taking a multivitamin is useless.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Observer

LukasPrince is on a distinguished road

Old 03-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

You can only get minerals from food if they were grown in mineral rich soil, and mineral rich soil is a myth...has been since about 1935. Food,without proper supplementation, equals a short life.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Explorer

Mike65Denver is on a distinguished road

Methyl mops up the pollution in the mitochondria and beta alanine mops up the pollution from exercise. You can get methyl from msm and tmg.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.