Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > General Discussions

Old 11-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light
Default MTHFR Gene Mutation Whats the Big Deal?

.............its a big deal because the MTHFR mutations are behind an awful lot of our common diseases but the good thing is just a few supplements can improve how these genes work in our bodies.

http://doccarnahan.blogspot.co.uk/20...-big-deal.html
Old 11-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverock View Post
.............its a big deal because the MTHFR mutations are behind an awful lot of our common diseases but the good thing is just a few supplements can improve how these genes work in our bodies.

http://doccarnahan.blogspot.co.uk/20...-big-deal.html
An adult child of mine has a mthfr. No further testing due to cost. Her doc found during test for b12. She also is Hashimotos, hypothyroid, gluten sensitive, etc.
I have never looked into the 23andme. But it might be time

I tried doing some research and I just don't understand it.

Will look thru the site you suggest and thanks.

Eta: she is the 1298c hetero type. I may have asked about it on nmt awhile back.
Should her doc have put her on glutathione?
Old 11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Lecturer

liverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of lightliverock is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bhere View Post
Eta: she is the 1298c hetero type. I may have asked about it on nmt awhile back.
Should her doc have put her on glutathione?
Dont order the 23andme test yourself but do it through a Functional Medicine Doctor who can interpret the rsults and recommend what to take.

Most Glutathione supplements are destroyed by stomach acid before they can be absorbed. A waste of money.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

well, I did go thru 23andme just for ease/time/etc. I would have had to travel quite a bit to even FIND a functional Med doc who is taking on new patients *I did try.

I find I have a "warrior" gene? Just retrieved the info last night. (Used ALL the ink in copier!!)

I have MAO A R297R rs6323 TT +/+

which may or may NOT mean spit. From what I could gather.

I am a female and I may experience increased self aggression and/or anxiety - heck yes! to the anxiety. I always felt "I AM DOOMED" and not sure why.
I have lower enzyme activity - if I read this correctly.

Ginkgo and Riboflavin may be helpful but I read that my resveratrol and curcumin might NOT.

All kinds of things: MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/-
CBS A360A rs1801181 AG +/-

Then there is a VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+ that shows up too...

maybe a couple other "mutations"
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.