Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Mental Health

Old 08-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Observer

bpenniman is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing End to Benzo Withdrawal

I have gone on and off benzos like Xanax and valium for the last 4 years. Each time I come off of them, I have horrible panic, severe anxiety, can't leave my home, shaking, etc. I had been going through severe withdrawal the last two weeks as I've gone from 2mg Ativan and 10mg Valium per day to now 6mg Valium per day. I read about high dose niacin for benzo withdrawal. Last night I took 2000 mg and the anxiety went away mostly. Today I took 6000 mg and I feel more calm than when I was on Ativan and valium. I read on different websites about protracted benzo withdrawal. Lasting years and people never fully recovering. I feel like a brand new person. I have this weird feeling called "normal." Which I really like. Two years ago, I went on a withdrawal from Klonopin, and it took me 6 months to get better and I never truly recovered so they put me back on benzos. I think everyone should know about niacin. It saved my life.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:02 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the interesting information bpenniman, and welcome to the forum! I've never had a drug addiction, but I have used low dose niacin a couple of times for simple headaches, and they disappeared quickly.

The niacin I took was the kind that gives you an itchy flush for several minutes, B-3, 100mg. Are there any bad side effects of the high dose you used?
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.