Old 04-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Observer

Lavendersideeffects is on a distinguished road
Default Lavender problems.

I've been doing a little research on lavender side effects online and, although a lot of info is available on ways to use it, very little info on possible side effects.
Here's what happens to me. I bought a stuffed animal with lavender mixed in the buckwheat that was used to stuff it with. It's purpose is that of a heating pad. The buckwheat retains warmth after being heated. It worked great except for one problem. It causes me to feel incredibly ill when I'm around it. If I sleep with it, I feel achy and weak the next day. My stomach feels funny. I am plagued by fatigue and weird feelings.
About a year ago, I put it in a plastic storage container because I couldn't stand it any longer except I couldn't bear parting with it because it's cute.
I forgot about it but after moving the couch to a location beside where I put it, same thing started happening all over again so I finally gave up and threw it out. Now I feel a lot better physically.

I tried to find info on possible lavender side effects online but there's very little on it. Has anyone heard or read about lavender causing a general malaise feeling? I suspect it has something to do with the impact lavender has on my hormonal balance. Just surprised I'm the only one who has experienced these reactions. I am a woman, and the side effects listed tend to occur in men. Anyone know anything about negative effects of lavender in women?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Observing cool stuff

happy2bhere will become famous soon enoughhappy2bhere will become famous soon enough

Estrogenic?

Mmmm...could be. I have limited my use of a few suspected oils for increasing/imitating estrogen.

There is NO data reporting that certain essential oils DO or DON'T.

I have eliminated many items known for causing increase in estrogens.

It's good you listen to your body and STOP the offending "thing." Keep on!!

What works for one may not work for all.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:59 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I put a couple of drops of lavender oil on a cotton ball and put it in my pillow case to rest at night. It hasn't affected me or my husband in any negative way, but everyone's different. I'm post-menopausal BTW, if that matters. Here's a little info on lavender. http://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Lavender
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.