Old 03-29-2017, 01:09 AM
Observer

MCD1687 is on a distinguished road
Default Depression and Insomnia

Long story short I just recently made the switch from typical depression meds to taking SAMe 400mg and St. Johns 450mg wort. I would not have made it on what my doc had me on. I've been on them for about 4 or so weeks now. Mentally feeling great best ever actually. While on the SSRI's and other meds i developed terrible insomnia which has not gotten any better or worse after switching. I am up every 10 or so mins. No caffine or sugar during the day. In order to even attempt to sleep I take two herbal pills ( chamomile, valarian, skull cap etc) An herbal tea ( Kava) and 20 mg of meletonin and feel like I barely sleep an hour a night. I really don't know what to do at this point. I use to love working out now that is practically impossible. I do go for a 2 or so mile walk a day. I eat right. I have done everything I can think of. anyone else have ideas?

Btw just for reference I'm a 27 year old guy that weighs 130lbs...
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Insomnia is so counterproductive when trying to deal with depression. It is good that you are taking melatonin though. It is a powerful antioxidant as well as promoting serotonin.

I take L-theanine for anxiety.
Quote:
L-theanine is an amino acid compound found in tea leaves, however, it has also been isolated from a species of edible mushroom known as Boletus badius, according to Drugs.com. Although clinical research is still limited, some believe that using l-theanine, either through drinking tea or in supplemental form, can help you relax without the drowsiness and other negative side effects of other sedative-type herbs and drugs. L-theanine is extracted from tea leaves to make over-the-counter supplements, sold in either capsule or tablet form. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, L-theanine has been studied for its potential calming effects on the nervous system.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/47...nd-depression/
Taking it as a supplement, sure is better than taking it as green tea which has caffeine. I try not to advocate for any supplement vendor, but this is the one that I use. I use them, because their supplements are clean and pure and priced very well. I use the capsules instead of the powder for convenience, but you could mix the powder in your smoothie. http://www.bulksupplements.com/produ...K14aApIn8P8HAQ

I also take 5-HTP along with my melatonin supplement right before bedtime. http://www.naturalnews.com/035931_5-...n_anxiety.html

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 03-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Enlightener

D Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the roughD Bergy is a jewel in the rough

I would try magnesium citrate. 200 to 400 mg. I may help both the sleep problem and depression. Most people are deficient.

Dan
Old 05-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Observer

LukasPrince is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bergy View Post
I would try magnesium citrate. 200 to 400 mg. I may help both the sleep problem and depression. Most people are deficient.

Dan
Thanks for sharing this
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.