Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Vitamins & Supplements

Old 09-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Only partly true you did not mention the 60 minerals that the body needs and being organic does not supply that
Old 12-23-2016, 05:34 PM
Observer

Hope2346 is on a distinguished road

I used to be anti supplements - but then got ill and supplementing saved my life!
But as noted earlier in this thread - not all supplements are created equal.
You are not what you eat, you are what you absorb from what you eat.
And so because most people are enzyme deficient - their absorption is poor.
Further - a high percent of folks have candidiasis inside the gut and they have malabsorption from that!
And so even if they eat a spinach salad with rich fatty nuts and feta- if their absorption is low - they are not getting nutrients.
When my malabsorotion was at its worse (did not know it at the time ) but thankfully the first thing I took was a Vitamin "made" for absorption - it had betaine HCL and pepsin added - and because of that - it broke through any gunk - further - it was a cal-mag in a green base and that enhanced it too.
Some supplements are using bioprene to aid absorption.
Our supplement needs change as we get healthier - but we always need a good bcomplex (with methyl b12 if possible) and those 60 minerals Doug mentions (helps kreb's cycle and all that- super crucial) and good. fats and aminos and enzymes. Then herbs have different functions - some heal - some energize - some relax - some restore organs - some kill pathogens -and so they are changed according to where we are at.
I also suggest vitamins and minerals with food - whereas enzymes are better on empty stomach and so are most herbs. ,
And when I supplement with ascorbic acid (vitamin c) I put a little olive oil and lemon wedge with it to help carry. I also like some days with buffered C.
Another tip for this reply - just to share what I have learned -
Always take supplements with warm water - even if capsules -
And sometimes it helps to empty capsules.
And with oils - like flax and cod liver oil - by teaspoon is best.

So to sum it up- supplements provide direct nutrition (not the yucky poor brands) and are essential for wellness and healing. As the body heals - people can supplement less and less - but it is ever changing and sometimes your body will tell you and you will feel drawn to try certain things .
Always go slow and aim to do no harm.

no person ever died from vitamins - not one!
And most physicians know nothing about supplements because they are trained in a medical school system that is funded by the big pharma -
They are trained to manage symptoms and treat with drugs.
And with all innocence - most truly believe you are wasting your money on supplements- I used to feel this way - but healing from Major parasites and candidiasis was done with supplements and lots of enemas etc.
if you need to rebuild your bioterrain - supplements are the way to go...
Old 12-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the enlightened Hope 2346
Old 12-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Observer

Dr Vini is on a distinguished road
Default Vini here

Supplements are useful, Ideally they should take the first place before meds
Old 12-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

kratomking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
Supplementing 101
The doctors say all you need is to eat right and you will get all you need and no need to supplement. This statement has probably kill millions of people. First how do you get good vegetables well you grow them using fertilizer either natural or artificial another words you supplement them. They have known for almost 100 years the soils are mineral deficient a document sent to the government in 1934 stating that fact. Most all plants only need 9 minerals to be healthy and you need to supplement them with NPK to get healthy vegetables. This means you supplement the plant by 1/3 of its needs. People need 60 minerals not all are essential but have the ability to double the life span in animals. Most all farmers supplement their animals to have healthy cattle, horses, ect. Most all animal foods are heavily supplemented with minerals. Dog food has over 40 minerals in it and dogs live longer now than ever before. Baby formulas have 7 11 minerals and food chemistry said that formulas only have 40% of the need of an infant. The elements in the periodical table are mostly all minerals and all things are made from them. Plants cannot make minerals but the can make vitamins and amino acids but they need the building elements to do that. The vitamins in fruit and vegetables are becoming less every year.
Interesting point d0ug, and I agree. Soil is depleted in a lot of places and the mineral content has diminished.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Vitamins are for the most part manufactured by pharma corp. They use cheap synthetic ingredients and contain only a few basic minerals, not 60, which is what we need. I'll say they are better than taking nothing, however they also give false hope in that people taking these cheap, barely absorbable multi's, think they are protected when they are not.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Observer

tamara is on a distinguished road

I definitely agree with most of the posts here, especially the replies that speak to researching the herbs and supplements companies we buy from. Remember when all those big companies got sued and had to pay huge fines because they were ripping people off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2854165.html
Old 04-14-2017, 04:50 AM
Observer

LindaRobertson is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing the post Tamara. Go on spreading awareness.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Enlightener

We have two people who have posted each has posted 3 times interesting is it not both agree that vitamin E is not safe because of a law suit against Walgreens. Is there such a thing as a troll?
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.