Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Explorer

Samia is on a distinguished road
Default Calcium recommendations.

When health advisers tell us we need a certain amount of calcium, they never specify if they mean the weight of the capsule or tablet (300 mg of Calcium Citrate) or if they mean the actual amount of the element itself - which are two different things.

Where can I find out what they mean when they make recommendations? Tks.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:02 AM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

Calcium deficiency is responsible for 150 diseases. When it comes to proper supplementation, liquid calcium, such as Dr. Wallachs osteoFX is the only way to go. Taking an elemental form of calcium, such as what you get from your average multi, is nearly impossible for the body to absorb, no matter how much you take. All minerals work together, so taking this mineral or that mineral won't prevent conditions that lead to disease. Taking all minerals together is the only solution.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:36 PM
Explorer

Samia is on a distinguished road

Dr Wallach's liquid mineral formula contains 1200 mg of 2 kinds of calcium compounds. I want to know how much Ca is actually in there.

Also, I don't see any vitamin K2 listed on the label, and to my understanding, this is necessary if you are consuming Ca.

"The main function of Vitamin K is to activate the calcium-binding properties of proteins. K1 is mostly involved in blood clotting, while K2 helps regulate where calcium ends up in the body."

Thank you for replying to my question.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Lecturer

pinballdoctor will become famous soon enoughpinballdoctor will become famous soon enough

K2 also moves calcium from the soft tissue, such as arteries, and transports it to teeth and bones where it was supposed to go in the first place. This is very important because people who take lots of calcium without taking k2 will end up with clogged arteries. Another important point is calcium must be taken with vitamin D and natural vitamin A, and must balance with magnesium. To answer your question above, K2 is a vitamin, not a mineral, thus would not be included in the 60 + minerals, but would be included in the 16 vitamins.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.