Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Introductions

Old 03-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Observer

Curenado is on a distinguished road
Default Narrow fellow in the desert

I am relatively new to the land of enchantment, having a forced retirement in 2011 (dad) and then finding myself in the valley of the sun....has nearly driven me nuts. I went from 3 decades of 24/7/365 to "nothing", potted plants and aging kin.
It's even a bit hard to remember being a tornado and I don't know that I will ever go at that pace again, but I somehow feel like soon, I will do more than I ever have before.
I am trying to rummage up a budget for a kung fu studio, to help keep my own self in better shape, but my meager income pkging up and shipping pro med primary materials won't manage that. I was accustomed to walking 30 miles 3 or more days a week, up and down the mountain, but here on the flat land I am not nearly in as good of shape and I don't want that to go on any longer.
I believe greenhouse growing is the most important thing Americans can be doing and if I had millions, aesthetic organic greenhouses would be covering the desert in a pattern you could see from space. It's an adventurously odd pass-time to wander looking for markets and gardens, but especially these last few years, many fine cultivars and botanical treasures can be found. I have become a treasure hunter, but I very much need to find some acres out here and put some treasure houses in, or "indiana jones" won't be able to keep up. Mushroom huts too. Once you go "common gourmet" it grabs you and you never go back so that's where my efforts are.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing. Also, good luck with your retirement. It's hard to go nonstop to stop, so be good to yourself. Find volunteer work. That's what I did. The only problem with volunteer work is dealing with the politics. I don't know why that is, because everyone is a volunteer. It's just that some people can't seem to give up leadership roles in their volunteering. So, if you can deal with people, volunteering can be very rewarding.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.