Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Men's Health

Old 10-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Observer

eddie23 is on a distinguished road
Default My story about treating prostatitis

I've been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis for over 5 years. I have all symptoms like urinary frequency and urgency, pain and burning during urinating, a need to urinate 8 to 10 times at night, pain in my perineum, testicle, scrotum, lower abdomen, and lower back. These annoying pain and discomfort have severely affected my life quality. I've made every effort to improve the condition, but it's hard to prevent the relapse. I have no idea why it recurs so repeatedly. I've tried different antibiotics, home remedies and physical therapies. I really want to get rid of this disease. Recently, i'm taking a herbal medicine called diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill. My friend told me it's made from herbs so it won't damage my kidneys. Hope it helps.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Reader

iwillbecured is on a distinguished road

I had chronic prostatitis for over 5 years and had to take low dose antibotics for years, and full dose when infection flared. They always gave me relief, like night and day, but lower doses stopped working, and so I had to increase them.

I had success using Allicin Max - 10 capsules a day combined with Doxycycline 200 mg a day. Take an antibiotic that seems to have an effective, like trimethoprim or doxycycline and combine it with allicin for at least 3 months. Continue with the allicin.

Trimethoprim was great for bladder flare up, always resolved it... but never quite worked for prostate symptoms that well after the first time where it worked great. Doxycycline was effective at 100mg, but then stopped after a few years, had to increase to 200 mg.

Also check out the book "heal pelvic pain". You need to relax your pelvic floor muscles. Reverse kegels. Do the stretches in the book.

My friend also managed to have success when he combined Allicin with an antibiotic. I had it for over 5 years, I know your pain! But I did recover, and I've not had an sign of infection now for over 4 years. Once the infection was cleared, you can still get flare ups because the chronic inflammation can last months to years after the infection has disappeared. You must do everything you can to break this cycle. Things like allicin, quercetin + bromelain, Pycnogenol, EGCG will help, but you need to be very consistent! And very patient.

The reason I say take these supplements is that they do a few things: synergistically act together with antibiotics to breakdown biofilms, reduce minimum inhibitory concentration so to reverse antibiotic resistance, reduce inflammation and promote healing. Cycles, flare ups, are normal. Expect a bumpy road to recovery. Each flare up should be less severe than the previous... this was my experience.

I know it feels like it never ends, and I thought the same. But I figured out how to beat it with the help of my doctor giving me the antibiotics, and also many years of research. You can see my contribution and story on the huge prostatitis thread on this forum.

Tags
prostatitis
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.