Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Pet Health

Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 AM
Observer

Fasmia is on a distinguished road
Default Masticatory muscle myositis

Hello everyone, I am new here to the forums and this is my first post. I did do a search and it came up negative, but wanted to ask about muscle myositis in dogs.

I have an 8 year old Pit/Lab mix who a year ago developed this problem. Or rather it became visually obvious. He has been to two vets and both times received the same treatment of 20mg of Prednisone. The first vet did want to do a 2m antibody test. I think that's the correct name, but I was unable to do that because of my limited financial situation at this time, and the test was going to cost three hundred dollars. But he was still given the diagnosis of myositis and given the Prednisone.

It is obvious in his appearance on his skull that he has this problem. So, I was wondering since the Prednisone doesn't seem to be helping is there anything more natural or any suggestions or advice that could be given me for my boy? Thank you.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:12 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear about your dog, and welcome to the forum!

I don't have any experience with this, but here's an article that may be of some help. http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...ies-angel.aspx

Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 AM
Observer

Fasmia is on a distinguished road

Wow, thank you. I must try this!
Old 06-27-2016, 11:16 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

You're very welcome Fasmia!
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.