Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Environmental

Old 04-17-2016, 10:02 AM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road
Default BPA exposure early in life can lead to depression

BPA is a phthalate that is also a known endocrine disruptor. It disrupts multiple hormones in the body.

http://goo.gl/hfXr2j

BPA also linked to problems with neurodevelopment, such as increased anxiety, depression, aggressive behavior (like lead exposure), attention deficit, hyperactivity. These problems have epigenetic effects which can be passed down several generations.

http://goo.gl/8FkPNn
Old 04-17-2016, 11:48 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Glad I don't suffer with depression, but I'm sure I've had more than my share of BPA exposure in my days since I'm over 60. I do try to buy things that don't have BPA anymore.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:18 PM
Explorer

bulrush is on a distinguished road

BPA free does not equal safe. If it's BPA free you're just trading a known poison for an unknown poison. The plastics companies have to use some type of phthalate, whether it's BPA or something else. I try to avoid plastic completely.

Tags
anxiety, bpa, depression, endocrine disruptors, phalate
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.