Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 03-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Observer

phix95 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Alt treatments for "fibromyalgia"

In quotes b/c I just dont know about the dx.

The symptoms that bother me the most are electric shock feelings, occasional nerve pain, feeling splinters that aren't there, feeling nerve pain when I press or lean on places (ex, leaning on heel of hand has produced a sort of shock sensation).
I've also had a tickly feeling in the nerves, and some innervation in the chest area.

I've tried Alpha Lipoic acid for about 2.5 weeks, once every other day. Haven't noticed anything. Though I heard it can take a long time.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome! My friend had good results using Magnesium Malate that I suggested, it's mentioned in this older thread. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...gnesium+malate
Old 03-24-2016, 10:14 PM
Observer

Thanks. I'm currently on a cal/mag supplement that is a food-based mag (so you dont need as much) but it is mag citrate, calcium lactate and cal stearate.

I looked up the diff. forms and malate seems like it indeed would be better for fibro. I just dunno if it would help my specific symptoms. I will ask my ND.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Enlightener

u&iraok will become famous soon enough

You might try turmeric or curcumin. They are good for inflammation. Get a good quality supplement as with any supplement. I have ME/CFS which has some relation to fibromyalgia and it really helped my achy muscles, stiffness and tender points.

People with Fibromyalgia are often deficient in Vitamin D. Fish oil is also good to take. And magnesium which is also mentioned.

If it's not fibro at least these things will help just about anyone. But you should get it checked out.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Observer

Thanks. AfaIk my vit D is ok, as I'm on 5000/day from my ND. And yeah Ive heard about tumeric...seems to be good for a lot of things. Sometimes I sprinkle some on my dinner but I doubt thats enough.
I take about 2600 mg of fish oil, also from my ND.
I hope they run more blood work again.
I have a sort of burning sensation (like a sunburn) on my back...I hope its a side effect of my Bactrim, which I just stopped. I dont' need more symptoms.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Guide

JanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura aboutJanH has a spectacular aura about

A good chiropractor may also be a big help to you to heal nerve problems. Some say fibro can come on from serious childhood adversity (which brings on physical and emotional problems later in life), mineral deficiencies, and gluten sensitivity. Not sure that all fibro is caused by the same thing(s). An upper cervical specific chiropractor has helped me a lot, but even he agrees he's not going to make me better, just keep me from getting worse, but I firmly believe I'd be in a wheelchair or totally bedridden without his help.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Reader

larryz has a spectacular aura aboutlarryz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by phix95 View Post
Thanks. AfaIk my vit D is ok, as I'm on 5000/day from my ND. And yeah Ive heard about tumeric...seems to be good for a lot of things. Sometimes I sprinkle some on my dinner but I doubt thats enough.
The turmeric you purchase in the spice section of your local grocer has been irradiated and is useless except for providing flavor to your food.

You need to get the high grade stuff. Anything from the company Terry Naturally is superb. A bit pricey but it's effective. I'm a 50+ year old long distance runner and swear by it. All nutritional supplements take some time to kick in. Stay the course and good luck
Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Observer

Hey thanks! I would think that would be the case actually, but my ND said to use some in lieu of any pills for now..I would have thought she would tell me its useless.
I read actually the curcumin component is what is helpful, and that tumeric has like 3% of curcumin in it. Also read it's helpful to supplement that with piperine. Any thoughts?
Old 04-06-2016, 11:13 AM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to beholdkind2creatures is a splendid one to behold

I take a spoonful of organic ground Turmeric root from the health food store daily and add a dash of black pepper, which I also heard worked well with the Turmeric.

Tags
fibromyalgia, shocks
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.