Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health

� #1
Old 01-18-2016, 03:19 AM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough
Default What causes heart disease? Dr Kendrick

What causes heart disease?
Another interesting read from Dr K

I've posted a reply but I'm not sure it's actually arrived (because it's got links it may have been caught in a spam filter) so I've cut and pasted a copy here and will wait to see if it appears later.
Quote:
Before anyone totally writes off Vitamin D3 insufficiency as a driving force underlying most (if not all) Dr Kendrick's list above it may help to understand that ALL vitamin D research to date has been based on the myth that from the time it is created near the skin surface until through a series of hydroxylations through calcidiol (storage form 25(OH)D) to finally the hormonal form calcitriol it is inert.

Recently it's been reported the basic natural form previously assumed inactive sterol, vitamin D3, is a potent and general mediator of endothelial stability at physiologically relevant levels
Dietary Vitamin D and Its Metabolites Non-Genomically Stabilize the Endothelium

It's only when people take effective amounts of Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) on a DAILY basis (half life in this form =19-25hrs) that cholecalciferol is available to maintain endothelial function.

Hollis was nearly there in his paper
The role of the parent compound vitamin D with respect to metabolism and function: Why clinical dose intervals can affect clinical outcomes.

But still we see most UK doctors are not using effective vitamin d3 dosing protocols.
Daily Vitamin D3 supplementation has been shown to improve Lupus markers however it's worth knowing indigenous peoples naturally attain 25(OH)D equilibrium around the 50ng/ml (125nm ol/l) level not the 32ng/ml (80nmol/l) level used in this trial.

If we can have 100 years of vitamin D3 research without noticing cholecalciferol is active from the moment it's created in the skin or absorbed from supplements it not surprising we are at present unable to come up with a rational cause for heart disease.
� #2
Old 01-19-2016, 04:42 AM
Lecturer
Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

I'll be editing this post through the day as I get time but I want to set out the reasons why I believe low vitamin D3 status contributes to ALL the conditions Dr Kendrick has listed as being associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
I suspect that Dr Kendrick isn't up to date with the vitamin D3 showing it's role in signalling and endothelial function nor has worked out that only DAILY vitamin D3 supplementation/uvb exposure can ensure continual availability of cholecalciferol, the natural basic form of the vitamin. When Dr Kendrick finally reveals the true cause of Heart Disease I'll be better able to explain how Vitamin D3 supports whatever process he details. If he is going to choose Vitamin C then that doesn't rule out the probability that low vitamin D3 levels exacerbate the problems.
Carlos Monteiro has explained how chronic low level acidosis may contribute to arthersclerosis
If Dr Kendrick supports this theory then daily vitamin C at 1500mg/daily (or a significantly higher intake of vitamin C food sources should be linked with lower heart disease.

we found that the risk of gout decreased with increasing vitamin C intake, up to a 45% lower risk at the top vitamin C intake category of 1500 mg or more
Why having gout can mean you'll end up with heart disease and diabetics risk their teeth falling out. How one illness can be linked to another

In this post I intend to provide the evidence to support my view that Low Vitamin D3 status (failure to get daily supplies of new cholecalciferol) makes matters worse.

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Serum Vitamin D Level and Rheumatoid Arthritis Disease Activity
Quote:
There existed a negative relationship between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25OHD) level and disease activity index, e.g. 25OHD vs. Disease Activity Score in 28 joints (DAS28): r = -0.13, 95% CI -0.16 to -0.09; 25OHD vs. C-reactive protein: r = -0.12, 95% CI -0.23 to -0.00. Additionally, latitude-stratified subgroup analysis yielded a relatively stronger negative correlation between 25OHD and DAS28 in low-latitude areas. This inverse relationship also appeared more significant in developing countries than in developed countries.
Biomarkers of endothelial dysfunction, cardiovascular risk factors and atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis Full text PDF downloads

More RA Vitamin D3 related links here vitamin D wiki

Steroid use
Oral steroids linked to severe vitamin D deficiency in nationwide US study

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Dietary Vitamin D and Its Metabolites Non-Genomically Stabilize the Endothelium

A Pilot Study to Determine if Vitamin D Repletion Improves Endothelial Function in Lupus Patients.
Quote:
Half of those who achieved 25(OH)D levels of ≥32 ng/mL experienced increases in FMD, whereas none of those with continued low 25(OH)D levels did.
But the aim should be 50ng/ml as only at that level does vitamin D provide optimal resolution of inflammation and the dosing has to be DAILY.
VitaminDWiki LUPUS research

Smoking
VitaminDWiki SMOKING
Endothelium and Its Alterations in Cardiovascular Diseases: Life Style Intervention
This paper has a section explaining the effect smoking has on endothelial function. which we know is maintained best by DAILY VITAMIN D3.

Kawasaki’s disease
Seasonality of Kawasaki Disease: A Global Perspective
Quote:
onclusion

Using the first global KD time series, analysis of sites located in the Northern Hemisphere extra-tropics revealed statistically significant and consistent seasonal fluctuations in KD case numbers with high numbers in winter and low numbers in late summer and fall. Neither the tropics nor the Southern Hemisphere extra-tropics registered a statistically significant aggregate seasonal cycle. These data suggest a seasonal exposure to a KD agent that operates over large geographic regions and is concentrated during winter months in the Northern Hemisphere extra-tropics.

Use of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs

These cause higher Blood Pressure
Being a deep coal miner – especially in Russia

Lack of vitamin D working underground. Stress cortisol lowers vit D.
Using cocaine
Drugs of abuse and blood-brain barrier endothelial dysfunction: A focus on the role of oxidative stress.
You need DAILY CHOLECALCIFEROL to maintain the blood brain barrier.

Getting older
Vitamin D3 production naturally declines with ageing as does natural melatonin production +the fact older people tend to spend more time indoors.
Getting up in the morning – especially on Mondays
Stress hormones increase in the morning as does blood pressure
There is a circadian rhythm for availality of fat soluble vitamins and early morning you will have less vitamin D circulating compared to later in the day and you will be suffering from the consequences of a poor nights sleep.
The world epidemic of sleep disorders is linked to vitamin D deficiency

Type II diabetes
Vitamin D wiki

Raised fibrinogen level
Fibrinogen-γ C-terminal Fragments Induce Endothelial Barrier Dysfunction and Microvascular Leak via Integrin-mediated and RhoA-dependent Mechanism
If you aren't getting DAILY CHOLECALCIFEROL the repair/maintenance of endothelial barrier function is compromised.

Cushing’s disease
Endothelial dysfunction is a major component of the condition.

Air pollution
blocks UVB penetration to ground level so everyone in cities or downwind of industrial air pollution will have a reduced ability to create vitamin D3. I'll edit in links later

Acute physical or psychological stress
Vitamin D in acute stress and critical illness

Chronic kidney disease
Vitamin D KIDNEY

Avastin – a cancer drug
AVASTIN inhibits the binding of VEGF to its receptors, Flt-1 and KDR, on the surface of endothelial cells. Neutralising the biologic activity of VEGF reduces tumour angiogenesis, thereby inhibiting tumour growth.
Anthing that affects the signalling required to maintain endothelial function is bound to have long term consequences. (obviously if you've cancer inhibiting it's growth is an immediate priority)
There is a lot more detail I want to add to this post so I'll edit it in later today.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.