Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Women's Health

Old 10-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Guide

revzen will become famous soon enoughrevzen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to revzen
Default Swollen Stomach after eating.

Hi All, my wife has IBS and H Pylori, for a few months she's had a relatively good run with regards to hear stomach. What can, and does happen is after eating my wife's stomach really swells up, to the point were she looks a few months pregnant.So we'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Would a digestive enzyme help this condition to ease off?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

I'm very sorry to hear that, dear Revzen.

Probiotics is the first thing that springs to mind. Higher Nature (of Burwash Common) do a top of the range probiotic supplement with 9 billion bacterium. That would be worth a try.

Other than that, natural peppermint has potent anti-spasmodic properties and can greatly help with digestive issues. I would certainly consider that too. (It does have to be natural peppermint though, with natural peppermint oil.)

Spotted this in the Mail a while back. Might be of interest to you
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...er-manage.html

Good luck.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that, dear Revzen.

Probiotics is the first thing that springs to mind. Higher Nature (of Burwash Common) do a top of the range probiotic supplement with 9 billion bacterium. That would be worth a try.

Other than that, natural peppermint has potent anti-spasmodic properties and can greatly help with digestive issues. I would certainly consider that too. (It does have to be natural peppermint though, with natural peppermint oil.)

Spotted this in the Mail a while back. Might be of interest to you
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...er-manage.html

Good luck.
Many appreciative thanks to you knightofalbion, I'll be looking at both your suggestions and hope it does the trick for my wife, I don't like seeing my angel suffer!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

I'm a big fan of resistant starches for digestive health.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 10-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

If the stomach acid gets to a PH of 3 things can start to grow through fermentation that is the perfect place for it warm dark. When the stomach has a PH of 2 or less the stomach is sterile and nothing can grow bacteria,fungus, virus, and parasites. If you are having a bloating problem it would be a thing to think about.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Good point, Doug.

Maybe vinegar with meals.

Don't forget to eat natural gray sea salt.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

I've had the same problem for years. What works even better for me than probiotics is adding a teaspoon of miso to my daily soup and avoiding all grains especially wheat gluten. I got some miso from the Trader Joes and it is super delicious added to soups - much better than that stinky kim chi.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

Here's something, which has been used for 1000 years, that you should research for all problems of the digestive system. It is supposed to help both h.pylori and IBS. The oil even helps teeth. Search your favorite online supplement vendor for this.

Mastic Gum http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...-antibacterial

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 01-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
Here's something, which has been used for 1000 years, that you should research for all problems of the digestive system. It is supposed to help both h.pylori and IBS. The oil even helps teeth. Search your favorite online supplement vendor for this.

Mastic Gum http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...-antibacterial
Many thanks. Something I will try.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:39 AM
Explorer

Lola1988 is on a distinguished road

hi. Probiotics and cumin seeds.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:46 AM
Observer

jackwilliam67 is on a distinguished road

Hey Revzen, Sounds like a very difficult situation. Sometimes IBS is actually misdiagnosed and may be related to for born illness. I would recommend going to a nutritionist and your doctor, but the meds can be very expensive. For that, you can find a pharmacy online from where you can buy the meds at low prices. Be careful not to take antibiotics to quickly as that can actually make the condition permanent.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.