Old 07-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Observer

Mika80 is on a distinguished road
Default enterococcus UTI

Hello! I hope someone can give me some suggestions.
I got who knows how as i am not really prone to them an enterococcus UTI.

A regular E.coli can be treated with cranberry and d-mannose, unfortunately these remedies dont work for the more stubborn enterococcus.

I tried 1. Course of antibiotics Nitrofuraintoin, and the enterococcus came back angrier than before (50.000 to 100.000), started taking:
Uti-clear
Drink TONS of water (i never drink anything usually)
Omega3
90 billions probiotics
Vit b-complex
Bit b6
Vit D
Multivitamin
Olive leaf spray in mouth
Tried to add some holdenseal tincture but its so so bitter i cant swallow it.
I also put oregano EO under my feet.

I also decided to kill some more bacteria (silly, I know) with some fosfomicyn (another antibiotics) have to do another urine test in 10 days but I really want to get rid of this as my DH and are TTC.
My genius dr. Wanted to give me Cipro but I dont tolerate it, so he decided (probably to get rid of me) to put me on a heavy duty long term antibiotics cycle, clearly not happening.

Oh, i forgot to mention, my UTI is pretty much asymptomatic.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help ...
Old 07-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Observer

Mika80 is on a distinguished road

Nobody? :'''''( please? Nobody is familiar with this little b**tard enterococcus ?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

When I has a confrontation with antibiotic resistant UTI I resorted to STOSS therapy.

Quote:
Simply obtain a bottle of 50,000 IU capsules of vitamin D3. Wait until you are sure you are getting a cold or the flu. Then take 1,000 IU of vitamin D per pound of body weight every day for three days. For a 150 pound adult, that would be 150,000 IU (three capsules) a day for three days. This is called “stoss” therapy in Europe and is safe to do, unless your have a high blood calcium for any reason. Remember, bottles of 50,000 IU vitamin D are a medicine, not a supplement, and you will make yourself vitamin D toxic, and you may even die, if you take a 50,000 IU capsule every day for months or years.
Vitamin D council article

Controlling Urinary Tract Infections without antibiotics. I've still not had a repeat UTI since writing the above though of course I'm still having to use a catheter to pee and so remain at high risk.
Biotechpharmacal sell the 50,000iu vitamin D3 required for stoss therapy.
If you are concerned about the potential for hypercalcemia as a result of high dose vitamin D intakes detailed above the answer is to totally avoid calcium food sources or supplemental calcium. You may want to back up calcium elimation with boosting your reserves of the natural calcium channel blocker MAGNESIUM with 100mg magnesium glycinate with each meal and before bed. (mag best absorbed with food and in smaller doses)
Taking Vitamin K2 or a vitamin k complex while taking vitamin D makes sense, Vit k helps keep calcium locked in bones and directs calcium to bones rather that calcifying blood vessels. As fat soluble vitamins compete for absorbtion into the body it makes sense to take the vitamin D3 at breakfast and the Vitamin K at night so they are separated by as long as possible when taken at the same time Vit d3 blocks the uptake of Vit k.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:02 AM
Lecturer

Ted_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the roughTed_Hutchinson is a jewel in the rough

Association between vitamin D deficiency and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection.
Quote:
MRSA-infected patients had significantly lower serum vitamin D levels than non-MRSA infected patients, even when controlling for potential confounding variables.
Vitamin D sufficiency and Staphylococcus aureus infection in children.
Quote:
Vitamin D promotes epithelial immunity by upregulating antimicrobial peptides, including LL-37, which have bactericidal activity against Staphylococcus aureus. We found that children with vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency [25-hydroxyvitamin D <30 ng/mL] were more likely to present with recurrent, rather than primary, S. aureus skin or soft tissue infection. Vitamin D sufficiency may be one of a myriad of host and environmental factors that can be directly impacted to reduce the frequency of S. aureus skin and soft tissue infection.
Please don't assume that if you get vitamin D above 30ng/ml you will be fine as far as resisting antibiotic resistant bacteria. I wasted too many years of my life having repeat UTI because I thought 40ng/ml was a reasonable target level. In practice humans living as human DNA evolved naturally maintain 25(OH)D around the 50ng/ml mark and those levels RISE with pregnancy and through lactation and in older adults (with daily near full skin sun exposure)

It was in order to avoid hospitalization to have the last option antibiotic via injection to resolve an antibiotic resistant enterococci UTI that I resorted to stoss therapy while I was waiting for the NHS local hospital to import the necessary antibiotic. The action of high strength D3 was almost instant and by the Monday I was able to ring the hospital
and say I didn't need to be admitted for the IV antibiotic.
I've not had a UTI infection since as I immediately increased my daily vitamin d supplement and regularly get checked to ensure I stay above 50ng/ml 125nmol/l.
I think DAILY vitamin D3 supplement is required rather than weekly or monthly.

Dr. Bruce Hollis - Vitamin D Dosing Interval

UK Cheap testing service if you bulk buy