Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Systems & Organs

Old 07-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Inquisitor

cyber-junkie is on a distinguished road
Default Slightly hyper thyroid but cold feeling???

I am slightly hyper thyroid, not enough for my MD to do anything but he says we need to keep an eye on it, but over the last few years my body temp has gone down (I used to be able to stand pretty cold temps where now I get cold) and I don't burn calories like I used to and have far less get-up-and-go, can this be helped by daily iodine, like nascent iodine? Or is there a better way to treat this?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:54 AM
Reader

Audi will become famous soon enoughAudi will become famous soon enough

Your symptoms sound more like hypothyroidism than hyperthyroidism, classic symptoms of hypothyroidism are feeling cold,slow metabolism and fatigue among others.

Have you thyroid retested and also for iodine deficiency before supplementing with iodine
Old 07-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Inquisitor

cyber-junkie is on a distinguished road

They did retest it, it is still a point or 2 over the "normal high", they also did another blood test and told me they were trying to figure this out, not sure what test but it was normal so they told me..."no help there".
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.