Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Dentistry

Old 11-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Enlightener

truestorytotell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
As the nerve re-grows, it is 'signalling', hence the pain.
Good, thank you Solstice Goat.

I'm happy to say that I feel better every day. It's less painful and less swollen every day.

But now I don't like this dentist anymore either. Because she was so sure that HPV is incurable, because she was so sure that this infection I have (or whatever it is) was only gonna get worse and worse and I would have to have the nerves removed on those 2-3 teeth and then have the teeth cured and whatnot.

But I know that it doesn't matter if I go to a different dentist again, they're all pretty much set in their ways, the same, and useless...

It's sad, really...
Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by truestorytotell View Post
Good, thank you Solstice Goat.

I'm happy to say that I feel better every day. It's less painful and less swollen every day.

But now I don't like this dentist anymore either. Because she was so sure that HPV is incurable, because she was so sure that this infection I have (or whatever it is) was only gonna get worse and worse and I would have to have the nerves removed on those 2-3 teeth and then have the teeth cured and whatnot.

But I know that it doesn't matter if I go to a different dentist again, they're all pretty much set in their ways, the same, and useless...

It's sad, really...
Not every doctor knows everything; I know I don't, so sometimes you just need to not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Doesn't mean you should still see them if you don't trust them.
My dentist is a big fluoride advocate, but he believes in preventive dentistry and does good work, so I can overlook his view on fluoride. Again, he is good at explaining procedures, so I also learn from him.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 11-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Enlightener

Quote:
Not every doctor knows everything; I know I don't, so sometimes you just need to not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Doesn't mean you should still see them if you don't trust them.
My dentist is a big fluoride advocate, but he believes in preventive dentistry and does good work, so I can overlook his view on fluoride. Again, he is good at explaining procedures, so I also learn from him.
I agree, no body knows everything, that's a fact. But she pretended she does, giving me all the "I'm an expert and experienced" type of bullshit.

I'm not distrustful of her because she didn't know something, I'm distrustful because she pretended she does even though she doesn't. I mean, she wasn't even prepared for a second to say that I "may be" right. That was clear to me by her voice tone, by her facial expression, by her body language...

Here's what I meant, I believe you'll understand:

After his service in the war, Socrates devoted himself to his favorite pastime: the pursuit of truth.

His reputation as a philosopher, literally meaning 'a lover of wisdom', soon spread all over Athens and beyond. When told that the Oracle of Delphi had revealed to one of his friends that Socrates was the wisest man in Athens, he responded not by boasting or celebrating, but by trying to prove the Oracle wrong.

So Socrates decided he would try and find out if anyone knew what was truly worthwhile in life, because anyone who knew that would surely be wiser than him. He set about questioning everyone he could find, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer. Instead they all pretended to know something they clearly did not.

Finally he realized the Oracle might be right after all. He was the wisest man in Athens because he alone was prepared to admit his own ignorance rather than pretend to know something he did not
Old 11-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Enlightener

And one could say that I was absolute in my thinking, but note what I told her and wrote here in this thread:

Quote:
So we ended it by her saying that I'll come back when my immune system weakens and/or the infection gets strong enough to gain the upper hand. And by me - being more realistic - saying that I'll probably come back when the infection clears, or maybe when she turns out to be right, but probably when the infection clears.
I'm ready to accept that she Might be right, even though I don't think she is. Because I know I don't know. But she wasn't ready to activate her brain, to open her mind - just a little - at all...
Old 11-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

1) I'm not distrustful of her because she didn't know something, I'm distrustful because she pretended she does even though she doesn't.

2) Here's what I meant, I believe you'll understand:

After his service in the war, Socrates devoted himself to his favorite pastime: the pursuit of truth.
. He was the wisest man in Athens because he alone was prepared to admit his own ignorance rather than pretend to know something he did not
1) Problem is, she really does believe she knows. Dangerous? Yes. Ignorant? Yes. Rampant? Unfortunately, yes.

2) Indeed, I do.

People like to believe they know everything. I'm guessing it's either 'displacement' for fear of the unknown, or some desire to be 'in control'.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Lightbulb "No man ever steps in the same river twice. For it is not the same river, and it is not the same man."..............

.............Heraclitus

http://www.zengardner.com/changing-t...rating-change/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclitus
Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Thanks for the response man. Very nice.

Sorry guys, but it seems that a huge number of the IPs that my ISP uses are banned by this forum. I've been getting this screen every time I tried to login since my last post:

I even tried using a proxy to login eventually, and then those were blocked too. This forum has really strong proxy control, maybe too strong...

Anyway
Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Enlightener

The current situation with my teeth...

The new dentist eventually filled the 2 teeth whose fillings kept falling out. One of them fell out again, so she refilled it (free of charge, like she had promised that if it falls out again she'll refill it for free).

And it's been a month or so now that the fillings she put in are in place

That's great, and to me it's an indication that the previous dentist sucked!

But... the pain I had and the thing the new dentist told me about my nerve that I'll have to get a root canal/cure the tooth seems to be true after all.

I mean, it has calmed down. But it still hurts daily. I mean, it hurts, then it stops, then it hurts again. Then I wake up in pain sometimes. It's not a big great pain usually, but just enough to annoy me and not allow me to concentrate...

So I'm coming to terms with that, seems that my body can't fix this... and the pain prevents me from eating on the left side properly, because that can cause it to start hurting...

Yeah, well, unfortunately, it seems that I can't keep this nerve.

I tried, dealt with all this pain, still dealing with it, but I can't really live like this. I will have to get a root canal on this one tooth, or maybe on the one next to it too, so it could be 2 root canals...

The Japs or the Germans better step up their efforts for regrowing the teeth/nerves situation... or else!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 12:43 AM
Observer

Jjgrask is on a distinguished road

Try garlic capsules, two every four hours. Has been working for me.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.