Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Bones & Muscles

Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Observer

synche is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing results using nutrients for RA

I developed what I self diagnosed as RA. At first I thought I had just injured my left little finger and it was taking a long time to heal with symptoms coming and going over 6-9 months, just soreness. Then I started getting nodules around the joint and the finger got stuck in a bent position. I still thought it might be just injuring it and then tweaking it, over and over, and then I read something about RA online and I realized that was what this was. This was about a year and half after I first had symptoms.

I was eating a pretty reasonable diet. Lots of veggies, whole grains, meats. I was supplementing with 5000iu D, 2-3g C, 2TB fresh ground flax, 2tb spirulina, 2tb stabilized rice bran.

I had thinking about adding Fish/Krill Oil to my regimen for a while (I would have taken that and much more for a long time if I could have afforded it) and since I thought it might help with the RA I pulled the trigger.

I went and bought 2 bottles of Trader Joe's FO for $9.99 + tax each for 90 - 1.2g/600mg tot. epa/dha capsules. I planned to take 6 caps/day for at least the first 2 bottles/~month and see from there. I didn't expect to see any significant improvement in the first month, but I was hopeful I might get slow steady relief over a several month period. At this point my finger had been pretty much locked into place, only bending at the top knuckle, the joint with 2 large nodules and near constant pain for 6 months or more.

Within 7 days I experienced significant reduction in both swelling and pain. My range of motion increased. Within 3 weeks, I straightened out my finger for the first time in at least 6 month. The rapid improvement continued and I continued to take 6 caps/day for another bottle and then cut back to 3-6/ day. After 2 months, I had pretty much regained full use of a previously nearly useless appendage. I still experienced occasional pain, but the flexibility totally came back and the swelling was down at least 60-70%.

I ran out. After 5-7 days, I started noticing increasing pain and swelling. By the 10 day mark my finger was getting stuck in the bent position.

I got some more and after 2 more months on mostly 6 caps/day (lately decreasing) there is virtually no pain. The swelling is down 90% from the worst.

I found it very interesting, and am very thankful, that FO works that good for me, especially since I was already on flax. Perhaps if I increased the flax I might have gotten better results.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Observer

WyoJim is on a distinguished road
Default I hate abreviations

I hate abreviations-what the hell is RA?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:49 AM
perpetual student

jfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to beholdjfh is a splendid one to behold

That's a very good experiment on yourself. And time consuming. I find that too much fish oil makes my blood thin. I can tell that in my feces. I also now prefer krill oil. I think flax is not worth the effort as it contains phytoestrogen, which I don't need, and not enough of the dha/epa unless the body can convert the ala.

Quote:
Flaxseed oil is being heavily promoted as an alternative to fish oil. The health benefits of fish oil are believed to derive principally from two omega-3 fats, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Flaxseed oil contains a third, plant-based omega-3, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Other foods (especially walnuts) and oils (canola and soybean, for example) contain ALA. But at about 7 grams per tablespoon, flaxseed oil is by far the richest source.

The main problem with ALA is that to have the good effects attributed to omega-3s, it must be converted into EPA and DHA. As a result, only a small fraction of it has omega-3’s effects . So in terms of omega-3 “power,” a tablespoon of flaxseed oil is worth about 700 milligrams (mg) of EPA and DHA. That’s still more than the 300 mg of EPA and DHA in many 1-gram fish oil capsules, but far less than what the 7 grams listed on the label might imply.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/up...seed-oil.shtml
And thanks for sharing.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Explorer

RodsHealth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoJim View Post
I hate abreviations-what the hell is RA?
Rheumatoid arthritis.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Observer

WyoJim is on a distinguished road
Default RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsHealth View Post
Rheumatoid arthritis.
Thanks RodsHealth
Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Enlightener

d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

RA Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by a PPLO [pleuro-pneumonia like organism] or Mycoplasma that characleristically causes an upper respirtory infection and pneumonitis. These organisms secondarily attack the joints membranes. This has been recognized and cured by veterinary industry. It can be cured by minocycline a family of tetracycline. The damages that is caused takes nutrition and time
Old 09-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by synche View Post
I developed what I self diagnosed as RA.

I was eating a pretty reasonable diet......... whole grains
Try knocking off the grains.
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Lecturer

knightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura aboutknightofalbion has a spectacular aura about

An imbalance of the acid:alkaline balance is at the root of RA, and generally speaking all degenerative diseases.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Guide

Ajax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura aboutAjax has a spectacular aura about

Grains are inflammatory -- bad not only for joints but also for your brain. Cut out all grains totally and you should see a noticeable improvement in your joints as well as improvements in memory and concentration.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:45 AM
Frater Aegagrus

Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Grains are inflammatory -- bad not only for joints but also for your brain. Cut out all grains totally and you should see a noticeable improvement in your joints as well as improvements in memory and concentration.

Indeed. Besides all the anti-nutrients that irritate joints, the rapid conversion to sugar upsets our ph balance, and insulin balance.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.