Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Off-topic > Forum Support

Closed Thread
� #1
Old 08-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about
Default Why the block on VPN servers?

Most bb's don't block, but this one does. Kind of surprised me.

I place a lot of value on privacy.
� #2
Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, we have to block a VPN server if used to spam this forum repeatedly.

Why do you think a VPN server can give you more privacy?
� #3
Old 08-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Sorry, we have to block a VPN server if used to spam this forum repeatedly.

Why do you think a VPN server can give you more privacy?

I've never spammed anywhere.

Quote:
VPN is a short for a Virtual Private Network that gives Internet users an ability to apply a completely secured and encrypted network connection by getting an access to any public or private network in the Internet. The majority of huge corporations, educational establishments and governmental offices as well as individuals all over the world apply the convenient service in order to create a private network with real and masked IP addresses for an anonymous and protected Internet surfing.
� #4
Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Lovin' life~
Cookie has a spectacular aura aboutCookie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
VPN is a short for a Virtual Private Network that gives Internet users an ability to apply a completely secured and encrypted network connection by getting an access to any public or private network in the Internet. The majority of huge corporations, educational establishments and governmental offices as well as individuals all over the world apply the convenient service in order to create a private network with real and masked IP addresses for an anonymous and protected Internet surfing.
That's similar to the 'safety' tab on my browser. I'm able to select 'InPrivate Browsing' and tracking protection etc for protected internet surfing.

NatMedTalk is a privately owned website, although it's open to the public to simply surf its contents or join. Once you decide to go from surfing to registering as a member, it's the owner's right to have a way of identifying 'strangers' if they act inappropriately.

It's very rare for me to join any website if content can be read openly with my InPrivate Browsing tab workin' so I hear ya!!

Member privacy is protected here.. well, unless you hack the joint~

� #5
Old 08-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Admin
Wiki Editor
Matrix has a spectacular aura aboutMatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Goat View Post
I've never spammed anywhere.
The only purpose of blocking VPN servers is fighting spammers, the VPN you tried to use was probably blocked long time ago. There are many spammers out there, and I'm sure you also want to post in a clean forum.

By using VPN, you can only hide your IP which is not really sensitive information. You are using the largest ISP in US, we only know you are one of their 18 million customers, nothing more. The disadvantage of VPN is that you not only get a significantly slower connection, the VPN can also track all your activities.

Personally I would never use a VPN for privacy reasons.
� #6
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Frater Aegagrus

Thanks Matrix, I would never post anything that wasn't protected by free speech, nor would I seek to disrupt anything for the sake of disruption. Perhaps my feeling of additional privacy is false, however, I've been told otherwise. One reason for VPN (my first reason) is to have access to blocked sites depending on one's location. If you've ever used VPN, you'd be startled over who's blocking what.

I really liked that once I registered, I could immediately post. Pretty cool feature. I really appreciate I'm not blocked right now, because VPN is my default mode.

I can stream video from Russia with no perceivable speed problems. Perhaps not all VPN services are the same.

Anyway, love the BB and thanks to all who make it what it is.
Closed Thread
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.