Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Heart Health > Hypertension

� #1
Old 06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverock View Post
The man mentioned in the Heartscan blog had his plaque measured by CT scan and despite running long distances he had extensive plaque build up

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0315091100.htm

Most of the studies I have seen dont bear out the theory that long distance running prevents plaque build up.

https://www.unstoppablestrength.com/l...-can-kill-you/

I find this quite amazing as it is not logical.

You would normally think that running long distances would increase heart rate, thus increasing blood flow as well as oxygen.

It is my opinion that a calcium build-up is nothing more than a magnesium deficiency, and in the case of the above marathon runner with extensive plaque build-up, it looks like he could have had a heart attack at any time..even with normal blood pressure.

It does make me wonder though when person dies of so-called natural causes, why vitamin/mineral deficiency tests aren't done. I am very curious to know if this runner was deficient in magnesium and/or other essential nutrients..

Anyway, interesting article..

Tags
exercise, heart health, high blood pressure
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.