Go Back   Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Cancer

Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Enlightener

jbo is on a distinguished road
Default father in law has leukemia

My father in law was diagnosed with leukemia a months ago. He started out with stage one and now he's stage three I'm told. Well he went for his first chemo treatment recently. He's a very stubborn person and he won't listen to anything I have to say unless it comes from the doctor and even the medication the doctors subscribe he doesn't take it like he should.

After my wife and I have been trying to get him to change he started drinking some green tea, but I'm wondering if there are any other suggestions we can possible try to get him to do? He's not going to take any vitamins, so the vitamin C or D or anything else like that is a waste of time as he's extremely stubborn, but if it's a food or drink I think after awhile he might give it a chance.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Lecturer

mommysunshine will become famous soon enoughmommysunshine will become famous soon enough

Sorry Jbo to hear about your father in law. If he's stubborn that will be the biggest hurdle to cross. Apricot pits, asparagus, and any blood cleanser you can think of like red clover tea may be helpful.

Is he drinking pure water? Filtered?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM
perpetual student

jfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the roughjfh is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry to hear about this too. Since he has already started chemo it is difficult to think of something else, other than to help him get over the symptoms of the chemo. Leukemia is viral in origin, but it is too late to attack the virus by natural means, and the damage is already done (DNA damage). It required a sufficiently suppressed immune system for the virus to take hold. Otherwise, pau d'arco and adrographis are good against the leukemia and HIV virus.

There might be a few posts regarding help with chemo treatments at NMT. See if you can do a search. Just make his life easier during the treatments.

But you are doing the right thing with green tea. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0607101702.htm

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Enlightener

ozzie will become famous soon enoughozzie will become famous soon enough

sorry to see your father inlaw has Leukemia jbo.
when I had it as a baby Myeloid Leukemia, chemo had only just come on to the scene and my parents were told that the treatment was worse than the disease, so they opted not to have it done, instead I had blood transfusion's from my father, and parents took me too a naturopath who suggested bathing my body in epsom salts, feeding me lots of grape, juice carrot, juice, and lots of liver, for the Iron, I don't know if all that helped but something worked, your father inlaw might have a different type of Leukemia.
I do hope he gets cured of it.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor

kind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nicekind2creatures is just really nice

Liverock mentioned the use of fish oil for leukemia, if it doesn't interact in a bad way with any of his medications. http://www.natmedtalk.com/showthread...=fish+leukemia Wishing the best for your father-in-law, hope he can recover.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Lecturer

liverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really niceliverock is just really nice

Dr Blaylock recommends these for Lymphoma and Leukemia:

Curcumin
Quercetin
EGCG(from white and green tea)
DHA
Ellagic Acid

Not recommended: NAC
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Standing at the Portal

Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

reports on the new chemos for leukemia are very good. 80% cure is my understanding.

If I had leukemia I would explore mms. It is caused by a virus in the white blood celll. I would think mms1 could take care of it. Dark fiel live blood analysis shows a very positive effect on wbc in general with mms1. You should look into it further.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.