13 Major Effects of Ozone on the Body
by Dr. Frank Shallenberger
1. Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells These cells protect the body from viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer. Deprived of oxygen, these cells malfunction. They fail to eliminate invaders and even turn against normal, healthy cells (allergic reactions). Ozone significantly raises oxygen levels in the blood for long periods after ozone administration; as a result, allergies have a tendency to become desensitized.
2. Interferon levels are significantly increased Interferons are globular proteins. Interferons orchestrate every aspect of the immune system. Some interferons are produced by cells infected by viruses. These interferons warn adjacent, healthy cells of the likelihood of infection; in turn, they are rendered nonpermissive host cells. In other words, they inhibit viral replication. Other interferons are produced in the muscles, connective tissue and by white blood cells. Levels of gamma interferon can be elevated 400-900% by ozone. This interferon is involved in the control of phagocytic cells that engulf and kill pathogens and abnormal cells. Interferons are FDA approved for the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Genital Warts (caused by Papillomavirus), Hairy-cell Leukemia, Karposi's Sarcoma, Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis and Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Interferons are currently in clinical trials for Throat Warts (caused by Papillomavirus), HIV infection, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Leukemia, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Colon tumors, Kidney tumors, Bladder Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Leishmaniasis. While levels induced by ozone remain safe, interferon levels that are FDA approved (and in clinical trials) are extremely toxic.
3. Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor TNF is produced by the body when a tumor is growing. The greater the mass of the tumor the more tumor necrosis factor is produced (up to a point). When a tumor has turned metastatic, cancer cells are breaking off and being carried away by the blood and lymph. This allows the tumor to take up residence elsewhere in the body; or in other words, divide its forces. These lone cancer cells have little chance of growing due to the TNF produced to inhibit the original tumor. When the tumor is removed surgically TNF levels drop dramatically and new tumors emerge from seemingly healthy tissue.
4. Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2. Interluekin-2 is one of the cornerstones of the immune system. It is secreted by T-helpers. In a process known as autostimulation, the IL-2 then binds to a receptor on the T-helper and causes it to produce more IL-2. Its main duty is to induce lymphocytes to differentiate and proliferate, yielding more T-helpers, T-suppressors, cytotoxic T's, T-delayed's and T-memory cells.
5. Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrations. The metabolism of most bacteria is on average one-seventeenth as efficient as our own. Because of this, most cannot afford to produce disposable antioxidant enzymes such as catalase. Very few types of bacteria can live in an environment composed of more than two percent ozone.
6. Ozone is effective against all types of fungi This includes systemic Candida albicans, athletes foot, molds, mildews, yeasts and even mushrooms.
7. Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways. As discussed above, ozone also goes after the viral particles directly. The part of the virus most sensitive to oxidation is the "reproductive structure." This is how the virions enter the cell. With this structure inactivated, the virus is essentially "dead." Cells already infected have a natural weakness to ozone. Due to the metabolic burden of infection, the cells can no longer produce enzymes necessary to deal with the ozone and repair the cell.
8. Ozone is antineoplastic. This means that ozone inhibits the growth of new tissue because rapidly dividing cells shift their priorities away from producing the enzymes needed to protect themselves from the ozone. Cancer cells are rapidly dividing cells and are inhibited by ozone.
9. Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque It breaks down the plaque involved in both Arteriosclerosis and Arthrosclerosis. This means ozone has a tendency to clear blockages of large and even smaller vessels. This allows for better tissue oxygenation in deficient organs.
10. Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells When one views a red blood cell under a microscope, it looks like a disc. In the capillaries, where they pick-up (lungs) and release (tissue) oxygen, these discs stretch out into the shape of an oval or umbrella. This aids their passage through the tiny vessels and makes the exchange of gas more efficient. The increase in flexibility of the RBC's allows oxygen levels to stay elevated for days, even weeks after treatment with ozone.
11. Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Kreb's Cycle or TCA Cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolisis of carbohydrate for energy. This takes place in the mitochonria of the cell. Most the energy stored in glucose (sugar) is converted in this pathway.
12. Ozone makes the antioxidant enzyme system more efficient.
13. Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to your long-term health.
Considered one of the leading authorities on medical ozone, Dr. Shallenberger has done important work to support the hypothesis that ozone can have long-term positive effects on AIDS. He has also conducted workshops on the proper application of medical ozone at an International Ozone Symposium in Texas. He successfully treats patients with medical ozone via Major Autohemotherapy.
Fine article, Arrowwind. Ozone- and oxygen therapy in general are based on the old (Nobel prize winning) work of Otto Warburg. Unfortunately, in this day and age where most people regard antioxidants as the only game in town, ozone therapy is viewed as very similar to swearing in church.
This doesn't mean that I deny the importance of antioxidants; far from it.
But people seem to forget that the process that creates the energy that our body needs to keep everything going is oxidation. It is important, of course, that this oxidation process for producing energy occurs in the right location, namely the cell mitochondria. They have the proper enzyme system (cytochrome oxidase) to transfer electrons to molecular oxygen.
Oxygen therapy (including the use of ozone and hydrogen peroxide) is somewhat controversial. But I'll tell you one thing: If I ever get cancer, I'd rather try oxygen therapy than chemotherapy or radiation (which would kill me with great efficiency).
So why is the "official" branch of medicine pushing chemotherapy? Eh... Maybe because it's more expensive?
Sometimes I feel that I am all alone in my constant drive to know about and reveal ozone therapy.
Not much response on this forum or the last forum either. I can't help but think its because no one is grasping its potential, understanding how important it is that this should be made available to all people.
The only reason that it is not well known in th US is because the FDA will not accept it. They have insitgated lies about it and have media pushing fear about it. Well, the FDA and all their cronies are afraid. If ozone were to take off, if the people became aware and started to use it the pharmaceutical industry would severely suffer greatly.
I encourage everyone to read Ed McCabes book "Flood Your Body with Oxygen" It, I think is one of the most important reads out there right now. You will also find out some other impressive modaliites in the book as well as a detailed history of the use of ozone and why you can't find it here and why you should.
They would rather you die than know the truth.
Ozone is curing AID/HIV complex, cancers, vascular diseases, antibiotic resistent infections, will detox the body, regenerate joints, take chronic pain away from joints including the spine. It can save teeth from root canal. It can restore vision. It can heal many of the drug induced diseases. There are thousands of papers written on Ozone and as many case reports. It has been explored in American Universities and established research centers. People have fought for it and been rebuffed. The Feds have gone after those who get too pushy.
I have just really been playing with it for the last year. Last week I purchased a professional unit. I do intend to do IV injections with it for myself and my family. I eventually plan to offer ozone insufalations, limb bagging and saunas to those who want them. They are said to be as effective as the injections but take longer to acomplish the same work.
Due to the political environment I will not be able to hold classes on the subject or get anything near prescribing. I will have to keep my mouth shut and let people find out for themselves. - makes me think of moving to California for the health care freedom there so I can work in peace without fear.
This is the medicical miracle everyone has been waiting for. Its been going on for about 100 years, and 60 years in professional medical clinics around the world. In Europe, according to manufacturers, based on the amount of sales of equipment to professional people they estimate that there are about 6 to 7,000 ozone practitioners.
If you truly want your cancer cured it is best to find help in a foreign country, go to Mexico, or Nevada, Ohio, California. There are only a few scattered doctors here in the states doing a truely comprehensive cancer treatment that includes ozone along with the other alternative "big gun" treatments.
Due to its ease of use and safety I think every family should know its benefits and how to use it.
It has been explained to me that the term antioxidant is a misnomer. I will explain that in detail but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I do need to write this out and get it straight in my mind and when I do I will post it here.
Hyperbaric oxygen helped me, but it is too expensive for daily use. If ozone does the same thing, but is cheaper, this would help. Does any one have experience with home ozone air purifiers? Is this the same thing?
Yes, Earlybird, cost can be an issue. If you go to doctor for ozone you can spend a fortune. But doesn't anything from a doctor cost a fortune?
The use of ozone is a long story and a fantastic one.......
My husband had problems with a gall bladder surgery this year.They had to call in a liver transplant specialist to re connect his plumbing in a creative way. This specialist was in the surgical suite for 1.5 hour, The bill? $6,000 for him alone. $2,000 of which we had to pay on our insurance plan.
If I had known what I know now maybe two years ago before this condition started to develop perhaps with ozone treatments it could have been avoided. I think it could have. His issues are complicated and I wont get into it here but ozone cures gangrene. He had gangrene on his gall bladder.
There are some systems out there that are not too terribly expensive. Go to www.letstalkhealth.com Dr Donsbach sells an ozone sauna system for about $1500 I think. You would have limited use with this. Mostly just saunas, washing veggies, maybe bagging limbs. You would have to call them to know exaclty what can be done with this equipment.
All ozone generators NOT connected directly to an oxygen tank will produce some percent of nitrous oxide gas and this is not good so they say. But I know that people are useing them. If you take a sauna with a system that creates ozone off of room air you will be absorbing this gas through your skin yet people seem to do well.
Remember, the saunas can be as effective for many diseases as direct IV application but it takes longer. It would be a good weekly regimen to keep disease away and the body tuned up. The ozone effects can last for several weeks.
Ozone can be bubbled though olive oil and inhaled in this manner for copd and allergy, lung cancer. But if I had lung cancer I would want direct IV ozone also.
I decided that in order to prevent disease in this toxic and weird world we live in, and having had cancer myself, I am always looking for the ultimate preventative, as well as treatment. I think ozone saunas are it. If you read Ed McCabes book you will understand why. Really just the first post on this thread tells why. Although he does not talk about saunas much it is a viable alternative. If there is health crisis IV administration is the best application. It can turn some people around in a very short time. Hours, or a day or two in some cases.
They are curing AIDS and Lyme with this stuff. It can get rid of all the virus and microplasmas. Candida.
I decided to purchase a medical grade machine. This will allow me to do injections of ozone directly into the vein and is not dangerous if done correctly. They have been doing this for 50 years in Europe and other parts of the world. It is about the most effective application with the quickest response and healing time. Although, rectal insuflations are also known to cure the most severe diseases also, it take a longer. It is definately the plan for colon cancer and other colon disease.
I have been trying hard to figure out the difference in machines and it comes down to the materials that they made out of and the type of technology used to create ozone. Cold spark corona is the one you want.
Most plastics will corrode when exposed to ozone over time. The chamber where the ozone is produced must be made out of high quality stainless steel or of glass. Connecting parts and hoses must be made out of silicone.
Disposable parts like catheters that may only have a few uses can be made of other plastics.
I received a small inheritance this year so I made the leap. My ozone generator cost with shipping $2,600. It includes most of what I need to perform a variety of applications. Its medical grade and is the same equipment Dr Shallenberger uses.
I purchased a couple of Enlay ozone generators a couple of years ago. They come from China and cost $40. (now I like that!) One model claims to be medical grade and I do have it connected to an oxygen tank. I have been using it for vaginal insufalation which they say is a good applicaton for women as the ozone is picked up by the rich vascular tissues and distributed though out the body.
When my new equipment arrives I will take my old Enly apart and try to determine what it is made of. Hey, you just try communicating with a company in China! ya right.
Wouldn't that be fantastic to find that the materials inside were of good enough quality!!!
But I have concluded that If I had no other way to use ozone I would use the Enly generators, as I have been. I have not felt confident enough in them to recommend them to others though, in light of the recommendations and warnings from the professionals.
AH, the professionals. They are something. Always remember to follow the money, follow the money, follow the money!
Shallenberger says that direct IV is dangerous and should not be done. Some others say this also. But you don't hear this in Europe. They do direct IV all the time with no bad reports. Now Shallenbergers method (called Major Autohemotherapy) is to take 250 cc blood out of the body, ozonate it and return it. The takes not a terrible lot, but some medical expertise. It also requires the use of Heparin, a prescription drug to keep the blood from clotting as it is done. Well, doesn't that just lock you into their office and make you a regular contributor to their kids Ivy League education?
Dr Donsbach does not offer medical grade ozone for his sauna or insufalation and this has been stumping me. He is a contradictory man and in the past I have found for good reason. I guess I just need to call them and talk it over with them. I've wanted to call him during his radio program but I'm always working on that day.
I suspect that there is a subversive movment amongst doctors who use ozone in US to keep it out of the public's hands. What else could it be? With millions of IV injections done in Europe with no ill effect JUST WHAT IS THE DEAL?
Room ozonation is in the same ballpark but most of the equipment is not sutiable for any medical use. They say that if you smell the ozone from your room ozonator you have it turned up too high.
It will keep your home free of mold and mildew and other virus etc.
They sometimes use ozone to purify the air in surgical suites in hospitals.
If all hospitals did this in all rooms they could really cut down on the resistent bacterias that are all over the place there.
They have had to shut hospitals down before due to MRSA in the ventalation systems. Such a shame. I saw a boy admitted to childrens hospital in Dallas once who went in with a compound fracture of the arm. He contracted MRSA there and died.
This clinic is 3 miles down the road from here!!
I saw this doc about 4 years ago. He was surrounded by high-tec toys - dark field microspcope being his favourite then. I saw the images from my blood and watched perfectly normal RBCs and platelets. He told me that he thought there was something wrong with my blood cells. I didn't go back, and maybe I missed something because of that.
Anyway, please could you have a look at the autohaemotherapy section of his site, and give your opinion of what it says? Thanks. It might be worth my while to go back to him, one day.
Here's an interesting article and take particular note of paragraph #4.
The politics of AIDS and Ozone
by Thomas Levy, MD
(Ed. Note:* This fine writer has many great books on nutrition and health.* His new book on Vitamin C is an absolute must.** He deserves the Pulitzer Prize in our humble estimation. See our Bibliography or go to his site.)
from "Extraordinary Science", Jul-Sep 1994
1. Possibly one of the best therapies ever discovered for AIDS, other
infectious diseases, and most degenerative, or chronic, illnesses
(including cancer) is oxygen therapy, especially in the form of
properly used ozone therapy.* The main "drawbacks" in any form of
ozone therapy are its simplicity and its minimal cost.* The medical
industry relies on therapies that are costly and require substantial
expertise in their administration.* Anything that comes along that
appears clinically effective while remaining inexpensive is viewed
skeptically, at best.* The systematic and ongoing efforts at spreading
disinformation and propaganda seem to know no bounds.* In the Federal
Register of 2/13/76, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) asserted
that "Ozone is a toxic gas with no known medical uses."(1)
2. When ozone is formed from ordinary air exposed to electrical discharge
or ultraviolet light, other toxic gasses, such as nitrogen oxides, are
formed as well.* Ozone therapies use ozone generated from pure,
medical-grade oxygen.* The toxicity question, then, is a potential
point of misunderstanding.* However, stating ozone has no known
medical uses is nothing short of sheer lunacy.
3. Ozone has been used successfully on scores of diseases in Europe,
especially Germany, for over 50 years.* Over 6,000 articles on the
medical usage's of ozone are in the world literature.* Nearly every
disease process responds favorably to any therapy that effectively
increases cellular oxygen content.* Furthermore, the safety profile of
proper ozone administration is virtually unparalleled.* I had the
opportunity to witness multiple intravenous ozone treatments in the
office of Dr. Horst Kief in West Germany.* It is a very simple, very
safe procedure.* In a survey of German ozone therapists, 5,579,238
ozone treatments on 384,775 patients demonstrated a side effect rate
of only 0.0007%, and the side effects were uniformly minor and not
even remotely life-threatening.* On the other hand, over a million
patients are hospitalized annually in the US. due to side effects of
prescription medication, and over 100,000 of such individuals die from
such drug usage.* If one person in the U.S. dies even indirectly from
the usage of a vitamin product or an herbal concoction, the FDA
quickly moves to outlaw accessibility to such a product, but they
remain strangely blinded to the carnage wrought annually by our
pharmaceutical industry.* Dr. Hans Nieper, an ozone-using doctor in
Hanover, Germany, reports that in his medical practice on colon cancer
he sees an interesting assemblage of American VIP's:
***4.* You wouldn't believe how many officials or relatives or
**** acquaintances of FDA officials come to see me as patients in
**** Hanover.* You wouldn't believe directors of the American Medical
**** Association, or American Cancer Association, or the presidents of
**** orthodox cancer institutes.* That's the fact. (2)
5. Very, very gradually mainstream American researchers are "testing the
ozone waters."* In 1991, a main journal for the American Society of
Hematology, Blood, published an article demonstrating that ozone
treatment inactivated human retroviruses (including HIV) in human body
fluids and blood product preparations.* The researchers concluded
*6.* "Ozone has potent anti-HIV-1 activity in cell culture media and
**** factor VIII preparations.* Although the exact mechanism by which
**** ozone mediates its effect remains unclear at this time, it is
**** readily apparent that ozone may be of use in rendering factor
**** VIII and possibly other blood products, both proteinaceous and
**** cellular, free of HIV-1 and other infectious agents."(3)
7. Ed McCabe, an independent investigative journalist, has probably done
more that anyone else in promoting the many wonders of ozone therapy.*
Undoubtedly, not being a physician has significantly hampered his
effectiveness in educating the public and especially the health
professionals.* Scientists are especially notorious for rejecting any
concept that does not arise from one of their own.* Mr. McCabe, who
authored an excellent book entitled Oxygen Therapies: A New Way of
Approaching Disease, has made additional efforts to reach our
political power brokers with the news on ozone.* In 1992, he arranged
a meeting of Iowa Congressman Bedell and Senator Tom Harkin with two
doctors who had each converted an HIV-positive patient to HIV-negative
status with ozone therapy.
8. To their credit, these politicians were very impressed, and Senator
Harkin then arranged a subsequent meeting with Dr. Anthony Fauci and
Dr. Moskowitz of the National Institute of Health (NIH).* About 30
people, including other doctors and legislative aides, were in
attendance.* Extensive documentation was presented by the physicians
on two of their own cases of advanced clinical AIDS that had shown
complete clinical resolution of the disease, as well as normalization
of the appropriate laboratory test, including Western Blot/Elisa (a
check on HIV antibody) and PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction, testing
more directly for the presence of actual virus).* The official
responses made to Mr. McCabe and his associates included the
**** We see no reason to pursue this.
Referring to the recovered patients, it was added:
**** They are obviously so healthy that they must not have had the
It was finally concluded with:
**** We won't look at this treatment unless you have the patients PCR
**** tested twice before treatment proving the presence of the HIV
**** virus, stored blood from when they were positive, two PCR tests
**** during treatment, and two PCR tests after ozone treatment proving
**** the absence of the virus. (4)
9. Of course, no financial support was offered from the mammoth NIH
research budget to facilitate the additional suggested work.* Such
"follow-up" research projects are common ploys to both delay
acceptance and implementation of any conclusions made and to
eventually bankrupt the finances of the renegade researchers.
8. Also, for those who may be wondering how to receive ozone therapy, it
must be clearly stated that such a therapy is still unapproved in the
U.S., and doctors who persist in using it anyway have uniformly
suffered sever consequences, including bogus arrests, false
imprisonment's, loss of licensees to practice medicine, and numerous
other forms of suppression and harassment from the multiple agencies
of the government that magically transform into modern-day Gestapo's
whenever needed. (note: Ozone is approved by medical boards in some states - Arrow)
9. Selected doctors have had their non-mainstream medical offices raided
in SWAT team style, with guns and rifles drawn on them and their
employees, while the offices are ransacked and records are taken.*
Commonly, controversial equipment is also destroyed on the spot or
"permanently confiscated."* With the recent passage of NAFTA (North
America Free Trade Agreement), the Mexican government has now allowed
similar U.S. agency commando raid tactics on alternative medical
facilities on Mexican soil.* A motivated patient will likely have to
completely abandon North America (Canada reasonably apes the medical
policies of the U.S.) in order to obtain treatments that are beyond
the domain of the guardians in Washington, D.C.
1.* McCabe, E, O3 Vs. AIDS-The Abbreviated History and Suppression of
Ozone Therapy in the United States as of August 1993, 1993, page 28.
3.* Well, K.H., et all, "Inactivation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Type 1 by Ozone In Vitro" Blood, Vol. 78, No. 7, October 1, 1991: pp.
4.* Reference #1, pp. 24-25
Edward J. McCabe: Health journalist who reported success of oxygen therapy. Sentenced to 3 years in prison on the pre-text of tax evasion 1999 (and served 2 years).
Dr William F. Koch: Medical doctor, Professor of chemistry, histology and physiology. Inventor of "Glyoxylide catalyst" cure for cancer. Sued by FDA but was acquitted after 600 doctors testified in his favour. Died of poisoning, 1967.
Dr. F.M. Eugene Blass: Developer of "Homozon™" (the original oxygen therapy product) - murdered outside his house, same year and month as Dr Koch.
Dr Basil Earle Wainright: Physicist - inventor of polyatomic apheuresis oxygen therapy. Imprisoned for 4 years. Claims he survived six assassination attempts whilst in prison.
Dr George A. Freibott, IV. President of the American Naturopathic Association, consultant for International Association for Oxygen Therapy, US Government approved and internationally accepted expert witness on oxygen/oxidation therapies. Survived numerous assassination attempts and several anonymous phone calls threatening him with his life.
Dr James Boyce: Turned 254 people HIV+ to HIV- using ozone therapy: Charged with using unproven methods and sentenced to 5 years in prison. Had his medical license revoked.
Ken Thiefault sold ozone generators: Sentenced to 7 years in prison for making medical claims for ozone generators. His wife was sentenced to three years.
Yes, I've been thinking about California again, and Idaho. These states have the most liberal laws for off the wall people like me. I can practice what I think is valuable without fear of attack, especially after I let my nursing license go. Are you in northern or southern cal. Oh ya. socal
Don't know if we can afford California in retirement, lest we get a trailer in Needles or something along that line I don't like getting that hot! Would have to spend the summer traveling up north.
Yes, I would use ozone for the bird flu. The whole family would be on a daily regimen of ozone therapy. There are many ways to apply it.
If someone actually got the flu I would give it IV. I have not done this yet. I am looking for someone to experiment with me. But you can inject anywhere from 10 to 60cc ozone, maybe more(now don't quote me on this as I don't have proceedure down yet) directly into a vein, very slowly, 1cc a minute. It will ionically get picked up by RBCs as will the 02 that will be in the syringe also along with it. Just a couple of injections like this should knock out what ever is coming at ya.
For preventation of the flu I would be having the family do ear insufflation, inhaling ozone (there is a special process to do this. you can't just breathe in ozone) drinking ozone water, ozone saunas. If this were done the injections would not be needed.
In germany they give it in intramuscular injection to children for the flu but these shots are suppose to be very painful. Dr Shallenberger always gives a cc or two of procaine before the ozone goes in then they are painless. He gave me 2 injections between my cervical vertebra and one in a trigger point near my scapula for chronic pain and I have been doing very well there since. Would like to get more as time goes by. This is a modified prolotherapy.